Empirical Labs EL500 - 2-Slot Horizontal 500-Series Chassis
The Empirical Labs EL500 is a chassis/enclosure capable of holding two API 500-Series modules horizontally. The EL500 features a quiet and high quality power supply and high quality XLR input and outputs. Additionally the EL500 has an automatically switching Hi-Z instrument input on the front for easy connection.
The Empirical Labs EL500 is a great solution for users who don't have the space for a traditional 'lunchbox' style enclosure and need something that can be conveniently rack mounted.
Empirical Labs EL500 Features:
- Unique Flush Mount system for durability & looks.
- Super Quiet ± 16Volt Supplies. Perhaps quietest available.
- More than 280mA available on both supplies.
- 48 volt Phantom supply. 35 mA of current.
- Link Switch to Stereo Link two Compressors.
- Built in “Inst In” (Instrument In) for high impedance inputs built
- into front panel. Direct box built right in!
- “Inst In” THD is less than .0006%.
- A performing musician can use the INST IN combined with his favorite modules, using the super quality preamp on this front panel jack.
- Auto-Sense on “Inst In” jack
- XLR & Phone Plug Inputs and Outputs. A total of 9 input and output connectors.
- Front panel Link Switch for Stereo linking dynamic devices such as compressors/limiters/gates.
- Power Consumption – 14 Watts max. 9 Watts Typical with modules installed.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Empirical Labs SKU SEMPEL500 Model Empirical Labs EL500 GTIN N/A Single or Pair N/A