Empirical Labs DocDerr
The Empirical Labs DocDerr is a channel strip consisting of a pre-amplifier, 4 band EQ and compressor that is all packed into a API 500-Series Module. Despite the Empirical Labs DocDerr being compact it deliver's outstanding performance from the most subtle compression all the way to a pumping overly compressed sound similar to the Empirical Labs Distressor style sound. Even with the most extreme settings the DocDerr sounds extremely musical and stays smooth.
At the heart of the unit is a super quiet power supply - over 30 dB quieter than some supplies we’ve seen - that will ensure optimal performance from any compatible device. All 500 series modules will flush mount cleanly in the EL500, providing a much more professional look and feel. The EL500 offers both XLR and phone rear panel inputs and outputs to allow it to interface perfectly with any system.
- Six digitally controlled sections of analog processing
- Frequency response - 3 Hz to 180 kHz on eq section (-3dB points).
- Dynamic range - 120 dB from maximum output (.5%THD soft clipping) to minimum output. Noise floor with Mix on 0 is typically – 91dBu.
- Distortion range - between .0006% and 10% at 1KHz, depending on mode and settings.
- Maximum Input before hard clipping - +22dBm, “ Line In” mode. Maximum Output (Mix at 0) - +28.5dBm
- Compressor Dynamics Time Constants - Attack time is around 1mS. Release .2 sec, fixed internally. Stereo Linkable for stereo tracks. With the EL500 powered rack, the push of a button enables linking.
- Input Impedance - 120k Ohm, Instrument In Mode, output impedance is less than 75 ohms. 20K input impedance in balanced Line in mode.
- Guitar adaptor cable included
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Empirical Labs SKU SEMPDOCDERR Model DocDerr GTIN NA Single or Pair No
£1,800.00 (inc. vat) £1,500.00 (ex. vat)
£1,998.00 (inc. vat) £1,665.00 (ex. vat)
£899.00 (inc. vat) £749.17 (ex. vat)
£545.00 (inc. vat) £454.17 (ex. vat)