The Earthworks P30/C-B is a black instrument periscope microphone with gooseneck designed for close-micing in live performances and studio recording environments. Designed to provide an ultra-flexible miking option, the P30/C is ideal for a wide range of acoustic and electric instruments, as well as orchestra and choir.
Thanks to its flexible gooseneck, the P30/C provides extra simplicity when trying to find that sweet spot. Instead of having to reposition the whole microphone or mic stand, simply flex the gooseneck to quickly reposition the microphone. Its uniquely designed small microphone head also allows you to get into difficult places, such as under the strings of an acoustic string bass.
The P30/C’s near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement, ensuring more gain before feedback and virtually eliminating phasing issues when using multiple microphones. With over 30dB of rear rejection the P30/C is ideal for live performances or recording environments where there may be bleed from surrounding instruments.
It handles transients with ease, reproducing every detail no matter how sharp or subtle. Handling up to 139dB SPL without distortion, it’s nearly impossible to overload the P30/C, even with the loudest instruments.
Earthworks P30/C-B Features
- 30kHz frequency response
- Easily mic guitars and other instruments, then re-position the microphone without moving the stand or boom
- Uniform frequency response on or off-axis
- More gain before feedback
- Picks up almost no sound from the rear of the microphone
- Near perfect polar response allows them to be placed closer to a choir with no spotlighting
- Mini-gooseneck allows quick and easy positioning
- Can be used for stringed, woodwind and percussion instruments
- Available in black and white
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 30kHz ±2dB at 12 inches (30.5cm)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa (-40dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 139dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600Ω between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 16dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 275mm x 22mm (10.75 x .860 inches)
- Weight: .22 lb. (100g)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Earthworks SKU SEARP30CB Model P30/C-B GTIN 827517000053 Single or Pair No
£2,999.00 (inc. vat) £2,499.17 (ex. vat)
£3,199.00 (inc. vat) £2,665.83 (ex. vat)
£30.00 (inc. vat) £25.00 (ex. vat)
£669.00 (inc. vat) £557.50 (ex. vat)