The Drawmer 1969 MERCENARY EDITION is a new product that derives from a collaboration between two of the audio industrys most established names, Drawmer (UK) and Mercenary Audio (USA). The 1969 offers a host of new features, and more impressively - a completely new sound. Retaining the concept of twin mic pre-amps, the 1969 uses 'Burr-Brown' op amps for a silkier sound - and a Phase Reverse switch available in Instrument, Mic and Line modes increases versatility. The 1969 employs true Stereo Link operation with channel one's Threshold, Attack and Release controls becoming master to both channels. Stereo Link also offers a BIG position which retains bass frequencies by rolling off the detection signal at 100Hz minimizing undesirable pumping during compression.
Output Gain make-up can be independently controlled on each channel. The 1969 Mercenary Edition incorporates new tube circuits designed to add warmth to mic/line signals, and the instrument (DI) pre-amp has its own tube stage enabling classic overdrive effects when inserting guitar, bass and other instruments - true to the original Drawmer 1960 design. Where the original 1960 is known for its raunchy, British sound, the 1969 reflects the cleaner and brighter qualities one could associate with the classic American sound. It's just a question of taste.
Drawmer 1969 Mercenary Edition Features
- Versatile dual tube compression with Instrument, Mic and Line modes, based on the original 1960
- 2 mic/line pre-amps with variable gain, 48V phantom power, filters and phase reverse
- Instrument tube pre-amp with variable gain, EQ, phase reverse and brightness boost
- 2 soft-knee tube compressors with variable threshold, attack, release and output gain
- True stereo link operation with BIG position for retaining bass frequencies
- Side chain access and side chain listen facility
- VU metering of gain reduction and output levels
- Individual +4dB/-10dB inserts
- Balanced +4dB XLR input/output connectors
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Drawmer SKU SDRA1969 Model 1969 GTIN 5060420660128 Single or Pair N/A