DPA 5006-11A Surround Kit with 2x 4006A Omnis and 2x 4011A Cardioids
The DPA d:dicate 5006-11A is a complete surround kit consisting of three DPA 4006A omni-directional mics and two DPA 4011A cardioid mics, carefully factory-matched to achieve balanced position. Even though the standard tolerances on DPA Reference Standard Mics are extremely low, the match on the surround set is even closer.
The specially selected DPA 4006A microphones are matched within ±0.5 dB on both frequency response and sensitivity. The maximum phase response difference is 5°. The 4011A’s are matched within ±1 dB.
With high SPL handling, superior on and off axis response and low noise floor, the 4011A is a mic suited to a vast array of purposes. Not only is the pair especially good for drum overheads, brass sections and as stereo spot mics for ochestras and bands, when used solo, they perform with focus and honesty while capturing any sound source.
The natural sound, high sensitivity, low noise-floor and extremely linear frequency response from 10 Hz to 20 kHz (±2 dB) of the microphones make the 4006As the perfect choice for all AB Stereo, Decca Tree or surround main array recordings. The precise reproduction, total transparency and natural-sounding clarity of a DPA 4006A microphone will provide you with a lifetime of satisfying listening.
The foam design in the heavy-duty transportation box allows for fast and easy exchange of microphone/accessory inlays.
Included in this kit
- Carefully matched microphones
- Sturdy PeliTM case
DPA 5006-11A Features
- Three + two carefully matched microphones
- Decca Tree front + cardioids rear
- Specially useful as orchestral main pair
- PeliTM Case transportation and protection
- Five year warranty
DPA 5006-11A Specifications
- Directional characteristics: 4006A: omnidirectional. 4011A: cardioid.
- Principle of operation: 4006A: pressure. 4011A pressure gradient.
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 10 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: 4006A: 10 Hz to 20 kHz. 4011A: 40 Hz to 20 kHz.
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±2 dB at 250 Hz: 4006A: 40 mV/Pa; -28 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Sensitivity, nominal ±2 dB at 1 kHz: 4011A: 10 mV/Pa; -40 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: 4006A: Typ. 15 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 17 dB(A)). 4011A: Typ. 18 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 20 dB).
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: 4006A: Typ. 27 dB (max. 29 dB). 4011A: Typ. 25 dB (correct with the attenuator in 0 dB or -20 dB setting).
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL: 4006A: Typ. 79 dB(A). 4011A: Typ. 76 dB(A).
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 1 % up to 139 dB SPL peak
- Minimum load impedance: 2 kohm
- Dynamic range: 4006A: Typ. 124 dB. 4011A: Typ. 121 dB.
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 4006A: 147 dB. 4011A: 159 dB.
- Switchable attenuator: 0 dB / -20 dB
- Output impedance: < 200 ohm
- Cable drive capability: 100 m (328 ft)
- Output balance principle: Impedance balancing with Active Drive
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB
- Power supply (for full specifications): 48 V Phantom power (± 4 V)
- Current consumption: 2.8 mA
- Connector: XLR-3M. Pin 1: shield, Pin 2: signal + phase, Pin 3: - phase
- Color: Matte black
- Weight: 4006A: 163 g (5.7 oz). 4011A: 158 g (5.6 oz).
- Diameter: 4006A: 16 to 19 mm (0.63 to 0.75 in). 4011A: 19 mm (0.75 in).
- Capsule diameter: 4006A: 16 mm (0.63 in). 4011A: 19 mm (0.75 in).
- Length: 170 mm (6.7 in)
- Output voltage, RMS: > 5 V
- Polarity: +V at Pin 2 for positive sound pressure
- Temperature range: -40 °C to 50 °C (-40 °F to 122 °F)
- Relative Humidity (RH): Up to 90 %
- Matching tolerance: 4006A: ± 0.5 dB. 4011A: ± 1 dB.
- Phase deviation for kit: 4006A: < 5°. 4011A: < 10°.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer DPA Microphones SKU SDPA500611A Model DPA 5006-11A Surround Kit with 4006A omnis and 4011A cardioids GTIN N/A