Denon DN-501C - 1u CD MP3 WAV Player with USB/iPod Playback
Answering the need for a compact player with professional features, the Denon DN-501C offers versatile playback options from CD and USB storage in addition to iDevice connectivity, making it perfect for any installation that requires music playback via an easy-to-use and fully controllable device.
Housed in a compact 1U rack-mountable chassis, the DN-501C Media/CD Player offers true audio source versatility in a professionally featured media player. In addition to a a slot-loading CD mechanism for playback of CDs, MP3 CDs and CD-DA (.cda), the unit features a front USB port for connection to USB storage and iDevices. Playback compatible covers a wide range of formats including WAV, MP3, AIFF, M4A and AAC.
The unit also supports copying from CD source direct to USB storage in WAV format.
Designed for professional use, the DN-501C features versatile connectivity including balanced (XLR) and unbalanced analogue outputs, with AES/EBU and SPDIF digital outs.
Via the front panel pitch and tempo can be adjusted up to +/- 16% in 0.1% increments. Extra functionality can be accessed through the Denon Professional Pitch Control App which enables the user to their iDevice touchscreen to increase or decrease the pitch/tempo as desired, ideal for fitness, music practice, dance etc. where maintaining the original key of the music while making tempo changes is useful.
The front panel is designed for ease of use in environments where ease of access to the audio source and transport commands is imperative, and further includes; five front panel hot start buttons that provide direct access to specific audio files, cue to audio, program playback and a bright OLED display with ‘end monitor’ and ‘finish mode’ features to signal the end of the audio track.
Where direct control is not practical, the DN-501C can be also controlled using a variety of remote control interfaces including an IR handset, Parallel GPIO, RS232C and Denon Professional’s RC-F400S ‘Hot Start’ serial remote controller.
Denon DN-501C Features
- Supports CDDA/WAV/MP3/AAC/AIFF audio file formats
- USB mass storage device playback
- Direct digital playback of iPod/iPhone via USB
- OLED high contrast display
- Slot-in CD drive
- 3-phase brush-less motor for spindle
- Full professional outputs incl. bal¬anced XLR analog and XLR AES/EBU
- Dedicated CUE button
- +16% (0.1 % step) pitch control for CD and USB file with/without master key control
- Program play
- Supports copying CD data to USB storage as WAV file (ripping)
- RS-232c serial controllable
- IR controllable with included IR remote control
- 100-230V switching power supply
- Compatible with the Denon Pro RC-F400S Hot Start remote
- Removable rack ears
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Denon SKU SDENDN501C Model DN501C GTIN 0883795002899