DBX 160A Compressor Limiter & Shure SM58 Classic Vocal Bundle
This bundle includes a DBX 160A compressor limiter and a Shure SM58 dynamic microphone.
DBX 160A Classic Hard Knee Compressor Limiter
The DBX 160 range of compressors was, and still is, one of the classic go to compressors since the mid 70’s. The latest version, the DBX 160A, is one of the most versatile compressors available, particularly for tracking. Use it on Bass, Vocals, guitar, individual drums or use a pair via the stereo link for overheads. Also features a switchable OverEasy and Hard Knee compression curves for further flexibility. Easy to understand operation, comprehensive metering and the excellent 160 sound. A classic compressor for modern use.
The dbx 160 is a legendary family of compressor/limiters. The same classic sound, easy set-up and no compromise metering is now married to an improved signal path and stronger chassis design. The result is industry standard compressor/limiter which is digital-ready and road tough.
Featuring switch-selectable OverEasy® and Hard Knee compression curves along with extremely wide-ranging threshold, ratio and output controls, the dbx 160A is up to any task. True RMS level detection provides the most natural-sounding dynamics processing available, from subtle compression to "brick wall" peak limiting. Choose low ratios and OverEasy® compression to transparently smooth out fluctuating vocal and instrumental levels. Or use the 160A's Hard Knee compression and high ratios (up to and beyond :1 and over 60dB gain reduction) for bombproof protection against overload distortion in digital recording, P.A. systems and broadcast signals. The 160A is fully compatible with +4/-10dB and balanced/ unbalanced systems, and its electronically balanced output stage is an outstanding line driver for long cable runs (an output transformer is optional). The 19-segment, switchable input/ output LED metering can be easily calibrated to any operating level. 12-segment gain reduction LEDs provide precise analysis at a glance.
The dbx® 160A's unique "INFINITY +" inverse-compression mode actually decreases the audio output level below unity gain when the input exceeds threshold, a real lifesaver for correcting overbearing vocal choruses and controlling runaway house mix levels. A detector input can be used with an equalizer for de-essing sibilant vocals and selectively smoothing out boomy notes on acoustic guitar and bass. And two 160As can be stereo-coupled to process an entire mix or instruments mic'd in stereo, without shifting the left/right image. Its musical sound, easy operation and unequaled versatility made the original dbx® 160 a world standard. The 160A follows that tradition, while meeting the challenges of a digital world.ent in the mix, or overall characteristics of 4 independent signals or control the gain leveling on a couple of stereo pairs, the dbx 160A is for you.
DBX 160A Features
- OverEasy® or classic hard knee compression with dbx's® ultra-musical program dependent attack and release times
- Compression ratio variable from 1:1 through infinity :1 to negative compression
- Precision dual RMS LED display monitors input or output and gain reduction over a wide range and calibrates for different operating levels
- Over 60dB of gain reduction available
- Exclusive Infinity+ compression allows negative compression
- Independent balanced and unbalanced outputs can drive 600 loads to +24dBm simultaneously.
- New floating balanced output stage drives any load
- Optional output transformer capable
- Strappable with another 160A for true RMS stereo summing operation
Shure SM58 - Dynamic Vocal Microphone
The Shure SM58 is a rugged dynamic microphone tuned to accentuate the warmth and clarity of lead and back-up vocals. The SM58 is consistently the first choice of performers around the globe. The Shure SM58 is a unidirectional (cardioid) dynamic vocal microphone designed for professional vocal use in live performance, sound reinforcement, and studio recording. A highly effective, built-in, spherical filter minimizes wind and breath "pop" noise. A cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise.
The SM58 has a tailored vocal response for a sound which is a world standard. Rugged construction, a proven shock mount system, and a steel mesh grille ensure that even with rough handling, the SM58 will perform consistently. Outdoors or indoors, singing, speech - the SM58 is the overwhelming choice of professionals.
WHAT IS THE SM58 BEST SUITED TO?
It’s an ideal choice for a professional vocal artist in any live performance setting. It is tuned to accentuate the warmth and clarity of lead and backing vocals. Even in extreme conditions, the SM58 is tailored to target the main sound source while minimizing background noise. It is also very popular with djs and presenters in clubs and in small and large live venues.
CAN IT WITHSTAND THE RIGOURS OF TOURING?
Durable construction, a proven shock-mount system, and a steel mesh grille ensure that even with rough handling, the SM58 will perform consistently, outdoors or indoors.
Shure SM58 Features
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
- Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
In The Box
- Shure SM58
- Swivel Stand Adapter (Part No: A25D)
- Storage Bag (Part No: 95A2313)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer DBX SKU SDBX160ASM58 Model DBX 160A Shure SM58 GTIN No Single or Pair No
Was £522.00 (inc. vat) SAVE 21%
Special Price £414.00 (inc. vat)£345.00 (ex. vat)