DBX 160A Compressor Limiter & Electrovoice RE20 Mic Bundle
This bundle includes a DBX 160A compressor limiter and an Electrovoice RE20 microphone. This is a flexible bundle that will suit both vocal and instrument recording. This pairing tends to work particularly well with kick drum tracking.
DBX 160A Classic Hard Knee Compressor Limiter
The DBX 160 range of compressors was, and still is, one of the classic go to compressors since the mid 70’s. The latest version, the DBX 160A, is one of the most versatile compressors available, particularly for tracking. Use it on Bass, Vocals, guitar, individual drums or use a pair via the stereo link for overheads. Also features a switchable OverEasy and Hard Knee compression curves for further flexibility. Easy to understand operation, comprehensive metering and the excellent 160 sound. A classic compressor for modern use.
The dbx 160 is a legendary family of compressor/limiters. The same classic sound, easy set-up and no compromise metering is now married to an improved signal path and stronger chassis design. The result is industry standard compressor/limiter which is digital-ready and road tough.
Featuring switch-selectable OverEasy® and Hard Knee compression curves along with extremely wide-ranging threshold, ratio and output controls, the dbx 160A is up to any task. True RMS level detection provides the most natural-sounding dynamics processing available, from subtle compression to "brick wall" peak limiting. Choose low ratios and OverEasy® compression to transparently smooth out fluctuating vocal and instrumental levels. Or use the 160A's Hard Knee compression and high ratios (up to and beyond :1 and over 60dB gain reduction) for bombproof protection against overload distortion in digital recording, P.A. systems and broadcast signals. The 160A is fully compatible with +4/-10dB and balanced/ unbalanced systems, and its electronically balanced output stage is an outstanding line driver for long cable runs (an output transformer is optional). The 19-segment, switchable input/ output LED metering can be easily calibrated to any operating level. 12-segment gain reduction LEDs provide precise analysis at a glance.
The dbx® 160A's unique "INFINITY +" inverse-compression mode actually decreases the audio output level below unity gain when the input exceeds threshold, a real lifesaver for correcting overbearing vocal choruses and controlling runaway house mix levels. A detector input can be used with an equalizer for de-essing sibilant vocals and selectively smoothing out boomy notes on acoustic guitar and bass. And two 160As can be stereo-coupled to process an entire mix or instruments mic'd in stereo, without shifting the left/right image. Its musical sound, easy operation and unequaled versatility made the original dbx® 160 a world standard. The 160A follows that tradition, while meeting the challenges of a digital world.ent in the mix, or overall characteristics of 4 independent signals or control the gain leveling on a couple of stereo pairs, the dbx 160A is for you.
DBX 160A Features
- OverEasy® or classic hard knee compression with dbx's® ultra-musical program dependent attack and release times
- Compression ratio variable from 1:1 through infinity :1 to negative compression
- Precision dual RMS LED display monitors input or output and gain reduction over a wide range and calibrates for different operating levels
- Over 60dB of gain reduction available
- Exclusive Infinity+ compression allows negative compression
- Independent balanced and unbalanced outputs can drive 600 loads to +24dBm simultaneously.
- New floating balanced output stage drives any load
- Optional output transformer capable
- Strappable with another 160A for true RMS stereo summing operation
Electrovoice RE20 Dynamic Cardioid Microphone
The Electrovoice RE20 is a professional quality dynamic cardioid microphone created specially for recording, broadcast, and sound reinforcement applications requiring essentially flat response over a very wide frequency range. The wide frequency response, coupled with excellent transient response, makes the RE20 easily comparable to the finest condenser cardioid microphones; however, the RE20 is virtually free of bass-boosting proximity effect when used close.
An integral blast and wind filter covers each acoustic opening on the RE20. In recording sessions or on stage, singers can 'close talk' the microphone, singing with their lips almost touching the grille screen, with no worry of 'P-pops' or excessive sibilance. Part of the filter also shock mounts the internal microphone element, reducing the transfer of vibrations from external sources. The RE20 is capable of reproducing extremely high sound pressure levels with no fear of the overload and distortion often experienced with phantom-powered condensers. The RE20 will also continue to function flawlessly in high humidity and elevated temperatures that would seriously degrade competitive condenser microphones. Frequency response is 45 Hz-18 kHz. The RE20 microphone includes a stand clamp.
Electrovoice RE20 Features
- Time-tested broadcast and voiceover favorite
- Also ideal for instrument recording, especially kick drums and acoustic guitars
- Studio condenser response yet no powering required and immune to overloading
- Large Acoustalloy diaphragm and low-mass aluminum voice coil
- Steel case and hum-bucking coil provide exceptional magnetic shielding
- Frequency response : 45 Hz-18 kHz
- Impedance : 150 ohms balanced
- Sensitivity, open circuit voltage: 1.5 mV/pascal = 1 kHz
- 8.53" long x 1.94" diameter (2.14" at widest point)
- Net wt: 1 lb, 10 oz (shipping wt 3 lb, 4 oz)
- Includes stand clamp
- Additional Information
Manufacturer DBX SKU SDBX160ARE20 Model DBX 160A Electrovoice RE20 GTIN No Single or Pair N/A