Sequential Tempest - Ex Demo
The Sequential (Dave Smith Instruments) Tempest Analog Drum Machine is a professional drum machine that generates its sounds using six powerful analog synthesis voices. The Tempest is a professionally design piece of kit by Dave Smith and Roger Linn. This machine has a sonic quality and natural human rhythmic feel that are second to none, all in a compact, portable unit that measures 15.4″ wide by 9″ deep by 2.5″ high making it easy to transport and store.
Using an innovative, performance-oriented operating system that permits an extraordinary level of control to create, edit, arrange, and manipulate beats in real time without ever stopping. This is the perfect addition to any studio, its beautifully designed touch sensitive FX sliders and state-of-the-art pads brings this analogue drum machine a unique modern feel.
Sixteen pressure- and velocity-sensitive lit pads are arranged in a 2 x 8 configuration, providing intuitive access to all your fingers and the ideal compromise between the popular 4 x 4 pad arrangement (popular for real-time programming) and 1 x 16 arrangement (popular for step programming) because Tempest does both.
The pads can be used to play thirty-two drum sounds (two banks), mute/unmute the thirty-two sounds on playback, play and arrange sixteen beats in real time, play one sound at sixteen tunings (in a variety of scales) or sixteen velocities, or as sixteen time steps for step programming. The ROLL button permits creating drum rolls or repeated groove patterns by varying pad pressure as the beat records, and doubles as a momentary “stutter” effect when the pads are assigned to play beats.
- Record a drumbeat in real-time
- Switch to another drumbeat and use the lit pads to record it using step programming
- Switch to another drumbeat and record tuned keyboard parts
- Use the two touch controllers to record real-time note sound animations or perform beat-wide sound changes
- Use the generous sound controls to edit any of the drum sounds
- Tweak the analog effects or drum mix
- Arrange beats in real time and record the live arrangement into a song
- Stereo analog compressor and distortion circuits affect the stereo output mix
- Beat-synced delay is achieved by generating additional delayed note events within the sequencer
- A beat-synced “stutter” effect is created entirely within the sequencer by looping short portions of the drumbeat on demand
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Sequential SKU SDSMTEMPESTBSK Model DAV015 GTIN 00855346000852 Single or Pair No