Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12 Desktop
The Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12 has 12 unique voices composed of a brand new hybrid digital/analogue architecture that differentiates this synth from any of the others.
The Prophet 12 Module is packed with a plethora of sonic potential and power.
The Prophet 12 Module’s streamlined interface invites quick and easy control of every parameter on the synth. Each synth section can be selected at the press of a button with every parameter editable from the crisp OLED display. Easily create modulation assignments using the Assign Mod buttons. Dedicated Low and High Pass Filter potentiometers provide quick and smooth control of the filters.
- Digital Front end, Analog signal path output
- Each voice has:
- Four high resolution digital oscillators
- A sub oscillator
- A digital character effects section
- A resonant Curtis low-pass filter
- A high-pass filter
- A tune-able feedback circuit
- A four-tap delay line with feedback per line
- Four loopable five-stage envelope generators
- Four syncable LFOs with slew and phase offset
- A sophisticated arpeggiator
- A sixteen slot modulation matrix with 26 mod sources and 97 modulation destinations
- Five DSP-based oscillators per voice (including one sine wave sub oscillator)
- Four classic wave shapes (saw, square, triangle, sine) per oscillator
- Twelve selectable complex shapes per oscillator
- Three noise types per oscillator: white, pink, violet
- Analog VCAs
- Shape modulation
- Oscillator cross modulation: frequency modulation (FM) and amplitude modulation (AM)
- Hard sync on each of the four oscillators
- CHARACTER EFFECTS
- Five high-quality digital effects. Thicken the signal and add harmonics or completely destroy the signal pre-filter.
- Girth and Air are high and low shelf equalizers with harmonic excitement. Useful for thickening and/or adding air to the signal.
- Hack and Decimate are sample and bit rate reduction algorithms which can add subtle grit or completely destroy the signal. It’s harsh yet musical!
- Drive is a soft saturator for adding soft distortion and harmonic content to the signal
- Famed Curtis 2- or 4-pole resonant analog low-pass filter (self oscillates in 4-pole mode) per voice
- 2-pole resonant analog high-pass filter per voice
- FEEDBACK AND DELAY
- Tuned feedback
- Four-tap syncable multi delay with feedback and amount per delay per voice
- Four Delay + ADSR envelopes (LPF, VCA , and two Auxiliary envelopes)
- Auxiliary envelopes 3 and 4 freely assignable to multiple modulation destinations
- All envelopes can repeat/loop
- Four syncable LFO’s with phase offset and slew per LFO
- 16 x 2 modulation matrix with 26 mod sources and 97 mod destinations
- Modulation assignment buttons enable quick and easy modulation routing
- Sophisticated programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- Re-latching arpeggiator
- PROGRAMMABLE DISTORTION
- Independent programmable stereo analog distortion per layer.
- 12 knobs and 34 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with little to no menu diving.
- Crisp OLED display is easily visible in low light situations and from many angles.
- 396 user and 396 factory programs
- Direct program access using numeric keypad and dedicated User, Factory, and Bank buttons
- 1 MIDI In, 1 MIDI out, and 1 MIDI Thru port
- USB port for bidirectional MIDI communication
- 1 Sustain/footswitch input
- 2 expression pedal inputs
- Main stereo output (2 x 1/4″ phone jack)
- Layer B stereo output (2 x 1/4″ phone jack)
- Headphone out (stereo 1/4″ phone jack)
- External Power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100-240v, 50-60Hz
- PHYSICAL SPECS
- Oiled walnut wood end panels
- 16.5″ L x 6.8″ W x 2.85″ H (41.9 cm L x 17.3 cm W x 7.2 cm H)
- 4 lbs. 14 oz. (2.21 kg)
- Rack-mountable with the optional rack mount kit
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Dave Smith Instruments SKU SDSMPRO12 Model PROPHET-12 GTIN NA
£5,199.00 (inc. vat) £4,332.50 (ex. vat)
£1,368.00 (inc. vat) £1,140.00 (ex. vat)
£3,358.80 (inc. vat) £2,799.00 (ex. vat)
£1,961.00 (inc. vat) £1,634.17 (ex. vat)