Dave Hill Designs Europa 1 - Mic Pre with Harmonic Controls
The Dave Hill Designs Europa 1 represents a totally unique design concept in mic pres. The impedance is selectable (2.2Kohms, 300ohms, and 1.2Mohms) and you have up to 66dB of gain available, giving you a plethora of sonic options. But these features aren't what set the Europa I apart from other pres, as a trio of controls really let you dig into the coloration capabilities. Adjust the SPEED control and dictate how fast the preamp responds.
The control goes from 0 to 8 with 8 being the fastest rate, and 0 being very drastic. Further shape the sound with the even and odd harmonic control, which gives you nine levels of coloration. All the controls - gain, speed, even harmonic, the odd harmonic controls - are stepped which makes it easy to recall your favorite settings.
Dave Hill Designs Europa 1 Features:
- Three impedances selections: 2.2Kohms, 300ohm, or 1.2 Mohms
- Gain adjustable in 1db steps from 0 to 66dB on the mic input, 0 to 30dB
- Gain is displayed on a 2 digit led display
- Low cut filter with 3 pole, 18dB per octave: 148Hz, 130Hz, 117Hz, 100Hz, 81Hz, 63Hz, 48Hz, 33Hz, and off
- SPEED changes how fast the pre-amp can respond
- Even harmonic control provides 9 levels of color from 0 to 8
- Odd harmonic control which also has 9 levels color with the 0 setting being the cleanest in both cases
Dave Hill Designs Europa 1 Specifications:
- Preamp Type Solid State
- Number of Channels 1
- Phantom Power Yes
- EQ Yes
- Analog Inputs 1 x XLR (Mic)
- Analog Outputs 1 x XLR
- Rack Spaces 1U
- Height 1.75"
- Width 19"
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Dave Hill Designs SKU SDAHEUROPA1 Model Europa 1 GTIN NA Single or Pair N/A