The Daking Comp 500 is a simple to use VCA compressor/ limiter in a 500 series format. Although it is a VCA, it behaves and sounds much like the FET circuitry found in the other Daking compressors. Relying on his years of experience and testing, Geoff has designed a simple semi-automatic compressor useful for both tracking and mixing.
The compression is set with one knob less compression or more compression. Attack is switchable between fast and slow, and Release is switchable between fast and Auto. Ratio is about 4:1 (comp) or 20+:1 (limit).
Daking Comp 500 Features
- Easy-to-use compressor/limiter for your 500 Series rack
- VCA-based compression delivers the sweet warmth and glossy smoothness typically associated with FET circuitry
- One-knob compression control lets you dial in the perfect amount of compression quickly and easily
- Simple push button controls let you select ratio (4:1 comp, 20+:1 limit) as well as attack and release times
- Highly accurate stereo link function lets you chain up to 6 x Comp 500s together for full 5.1 bus compression
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Daking SKU SDAK500COMP Model Daking Comp 500 GTIN No Single or Pair N/A