Burl B1 - 500-Series Mic Pre with Nickel Output Transformer
The Burl Audio B1 is an all discrete transistor, class-A, direct coupled, capacitor free circuit path, gives the B1 amazing punch on drums, beautiful tonality on guitars, and warmth with presence on vocals.
The B1 comes complete with both Gain and Level controls. If you want that heavy, gainy tone, crank up the stepped gain control and offset that with the level control. If clean tone is your thing, turn the gain down and crank up the level. For ribbon mics and other low impedance sources, the B1 has a transformer coupled impedance select. The B1 was rigorously tested with the popular Royer R-121 in the low impedance setting, and it sounds incredible on guitar amps.
The Burl Audio B1 has a API 500-series form factor and is designed to be used in a rack.
Burl B1 Features:
- Burl custom BX3 input transformer
- Burl custom BX2 nickel ( B1) or BX4 iron ( B1D ) output transformer
- audiophile, discrete, class-A, direct-coupled, capacitor free circuit path
- stepped gain control
- independent output level control
- 70 dB gain
- impedance select
- 1/4” front panel DI input
- 30 dB pad for hot signals and balanced line level input
- phantom power
- phase reverse
- tri-colored gain level indication
- love and thunder
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Burl SKU SBURB1 Model Burl Audio B1 GTIN NA Single or Pair N/A