Bock Audio 241
The Bock Audio 241 is a boutique tube microphone based Bock's flagship model, the 251. The 241 has been designed to sound as close to its more expensive counterpart as possible whilst costing 30% less.
The Bock 241 is an exceptional vocal microphone for both male and female voices, with the proximity effect being naturally powerful producing and intimate, big vocal sound whilst never getting too boomy or bottom heavy. The midrange is smooth and this mic will help vocals cut through a dense mix.
There is a switch on the side of the mic, this is used to select either 'Bright' or 'Normal' modes. The Bright mode allows unfiltered extended high frequency response that is synonomous with modern high end condenser, but never getting harsh or gritty. The Normal mode has a more vintage sound, and is ideal for vry sibilant singers that need darker treatment.
With the mic setup further away from the source, the 241 performs brilliantly on various instruments and ensembles. In front of a drum set it sounds like you are standing there; on stringed instruments it captures the transients and complex harmonic structure that spell the difference between good and great.
The Bock 241 use a proprietary Bock hand made German capsule and hand-wound vintage style transformer. The is a NOS tube and it comes with power supply, 6 pin Tuchel cable, shockmount and a wooden box.
Bock Audio 241 Features
- Brite/ Normal switch for amazing versatility
- Works well for all vocal or instrumental use
- Tuned to work in a variety of studio situations
- Transformer balanced output
- Handpicked, individually tested capsule
- Select “New Old Stock” EF814k tube is readily available
- Low noise, low distortion
Bock 241 Specifications:
- Patterns: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 30Hz to 18kHz, +/-2dB
- Sensitivity: 19mv/Pa (-34dBm=94dB SPL)
- Equivalent Noise: 18dB (“A” weighted) 32dB (unweighted)
- Distortion vs.SPL @1kHz:
- 112dB = 0.5% THD
- 118dB = 1% THD
- 129dB = 2% THD
- (increasing distortion is non-exponential, nearly linear, and primarily 2nd harmonic)
- Impedance: 200 Ohms true transformer balanced
- Recommended load: 1.2k Ohms
- Dynamic range (maxSPL-"A"noise): 94dB
- S/N (94dB-noise): 76dB “A”, 62dB unweighted
- Capsule size: 1” diameter, dual asymmetrical backplate CK12 type
- Tube type: New Old Stock EF814k
- Dimensions: 2.04” dia x 8” oal (52x216mm)
- Weight: 1lb 9.6oz (1.58lbs) =694g
- Shipping weight: 12 lbs
- Power Supply: P251 true linear, factory wired 115v or 230v operation
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Bock Audio SKU SBOC241 Model BOCK241 GTIN NA Single or Pair N/A