Nugen have launched the MasterCheck Pro Plugin, which communicates how your audio tracks will sound to the eventual listener on various streaming apps, download stores, websites and podcasts. The major online music services and stores encode your music in various formats, often using different bit-rates depending on your device or account type which can cause errors such as clipping and distortion. MasterCheck Pro detects these problems, allowing you to stay within a safe limit.
Musicians work hard to finish tracks that sound good in the studio but what about when they make it to the likes of Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, digital radio or Beatport? Here’s where MasterCheck Pro steps in and instantly reveals how tracks are affected by loudness by matching algorithms on different devices and services so you’ll know how masters respond to different codecs and bandwidths.
Jon Schorah, Nugen’s founder and creative director explains, “With MasterCheck Pro, producers can take back control of the listening experience and mix to the streaming services’ criteria. They can identify problems ahead of time and optimise their mixes, resulting in music that reaches the listener sounding exactly as originally intended. With MasterCheck Pro’s loudness and PLR features, producers can find the sweet spot between perceived loudness and dynamics, resulting in a master that’s optimised to the format.”
- Master for Spotify, Apple etc...
- Balance Loudness & Dynamics
- Match reference mixes
- Audition encoding in real time
- Ensure clip-free encoding
- Music Mastering
- Mastering for digital music services
- Mastering for podcasts and digital radio
- Codec distortion detection
- Loudness and dynamics comparison with reference material
- Dynamic Range Measurement
- Loudness matching across album tracks
- FX chain auditioning with matched loudness
- Preparation for Mastering
For more info head to http://www.nugenaudio.com