Universal Audio have revealed an updated Apollo range featuring next-generation ADDA conversion, Thunderbolt 2 connectivity and an updated front panel which include some useful new functions on select models.
The first generation of Universal Audio Apollo interfaces tied together the powerful UAD DSP platform with a high quailty range of Firewire and Thunderbolt audio interfaces. The included console application gave user ability to track with world class UAD plug-ins in real-time for the first time. The range expanded to offer various amounts of DSP power and IO.
Now the Apollo has been updated to include Thunderbolt 2 connectivity as standard and the ability to cascade up to 4 devices together to increase DSP power and IO. For users who still need FireWire connectivity, an Apollo FireWire will be available.
New Apollo Interface Shared Features:
- Next-generation Apollo A/D and D/A conversion improves upon the original gold-standard Apollos
- Onboard UAD-2 DSP allows Realtime UAD Processing — record through plug-ins from Lexicon, Studer, Manley, Ampex, UA, and more at near zero latency
- Unison-enabled mic preamps and Hi-Z inputs (Apollo 8p and Apollo 8) for tracking through classic preamp emulations from Neve, API, and Universal Audio
- Thunderbolt 2 audio interfaces (Mac only) allow cascading up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle with 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Softube Amp Room, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and more
Apollo 8 - UAD-2 DUO or QUAD Processing
Features four Unison-enabled mic preamps and Hi-Z inputs for tracking through classic preamp emulations from Neve, API, and Universal Audio. Also included are new convenient front panel monitoring functions such as Alt Speakers, Dim, and Mono.
Apollo 8p - UAD-2 QUAD Processing
Features eight Unison-enabled mic preamps, allowing recordists to track larger projects through classic preamp emulations from Neve, API, and Universal Audio. Apollo 8p also includes new convenient front panel monitoring functions such as Alt Speakers, Dim, and Mono.
Apollo 16 - UAD-2 QUAD Processing
Features 16x16 analog I/O via DB-25 connectors, dedicated XLR monitor outs, and stereo AES/EBU digital I/O — ideal for producers and engineers needing Realtime UAD Processing and world-class A/D and D/A conversion for their recording consoles and outboard preamps.
Apollo Firewire - UAD-2 QUAD Processing
Apollo FireWire continues to offer Windows and legacy FireWire Macs Apollo’s gold standard A/D and D/A conversion, Realtime UAD processing, and 4 Unison™-enabled mic preamps for tracking through preamp emulations from Neve, API, and Universal Audio.
The new Apollo interfaces are due for release at the end of Q2.