Following the success of the Warm Audio WA76, a modern reproduction of the classic 1176 Revision D limiting amplifier, the Warm Audio EQP-WA Pultec Style Tube Equalizer has been announced.
The EQP-WA is a re-creation of the most renown tube Equalizer in studio history, the "Pultec EQP-1A".
Care has been taken to ensure the same sonic quality can be reproduced with high-end components being used throughout including Cinemag transformers and premium tubes. Even the look and feel of the unit harks back to the original Pultec units with large black knobs and front fascia colouring.
This fully discrete Tube EQ can pull euphoric sonics from any track and bring a brilliance and lustre to mixes in a way that is nearly impossible to achieve in-the-box.
The original Pultec design offered a unique style of EQ curve and character not found on other types of equalisers, which is why meticulous attention has been made to remodelling and reproducing the original sound faithfully whilst maintaining the Warm Audio philosophy of affordability, available to everyone.
The Warm Audio EQP-WA starts shipping in February 2015. Pre-Order here.
View the Warm Audio EQP-WA on our web store.
Warm Audio EQP-WA Features
- Tube Equalizer based on the classic “Pultec” EQP-1A
- CineMag input and output transformers - Made in U.S.A.
- Premium high voltage 12AX7 and 12AU7 tubes
- CineMag inductor EQ section
- EQ section can be bypassed - signal still passes through tubes and transformers for warming effect
- No insertion loss - loss restored by tube amplifier
- XLR and TRS transformer balanced inputs and Outputs
- Flat frequency response from 20 Hz - 50 kHz
- Boost and Cut controls can be used simultaneously for phase effect
- Low frequency boost - 20, 30, 60, 100, 200, 400, 800 Hz - 12 db
- Low frequency cut - 20, 30, 60, 100, 200, 400, 800 Hz - 18 db
- High frequency boost - 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 16 kHz - 18 db
- High frequency cut - 3, 4, 5, 10, 20 kHz - 14 db
- 5 added frequency points for greater flexibility
- Internal Switchable 115/230 Volt IEC Power Connection