Universal Audio present the Apollo Twin MKII, a 2x6 Thunderbolt Audio Interface with Realtime UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core Processing for Mac and Windows.
The Apollo Twin MkII is a ground-up redesign of the world’s most popular professional desktop recording interface, and delivers improved audio conversion with the tone, feel, and flow of analogue recording. Like its predecessor, the new model features onboard UAD-2 processing, but with the addition of a new model with an expanded QUAD Core processor. Unison™ technology and next-generation A/D and D/A conversion is included and a handy talk-back function has been introduced.
In addition to the popular UAD-2 SOLO and DUO Core models, Apollo Twin MkII is also available in an ultra-powerful UAD-2 QUAD Core model, allowing more plug-in power for running the most complex and convincing analogue emulations on the market.
Apollo Twin MkII offers much improved monitor functionality versus the original Apollo Twin with Mute, DIM, Mono and ALT speaker switching. It also includes monitor remote controls and a built in talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues. These features, combined with Apollo Twin MkII’s ability to be used in a range of capabilities, make it the new standard for professional desktop recording.
Improving upon the original Apollo Twin’s excellent audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion, Apollo Twin MKII gives you increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD. This next-generation conversion results in incredible clarity, depth and accuracy in recordings.
Apollo Twin MkII’s Unison technology gives you the authentic tone of the world’s most popular tube and transformer-based mic preamps such as Neve,® API,® Manley® and UA, complete with their signature impedance, gain stage “sweet spots” and component-level circuit behaviours.
Based on Apollo Twin MkII’s incomparable hardware-software integration, Unison lets you record at near-zero latency through preamp emulations like the included UA 610-B Tube Preamp, for genuine analog sound which is unrivalled by other interfaces. Apollo Twin MkII’s front panel Hi-Z instrument input also includes Unison technology and provides dead-on impedance and gain matching for exclusive guitar and bass amp models from Fender,® Marshall,® Ampeg® and more.
Apollo Twin MkII’s Realtime UAD Processing opens up a range of classic analog tones and colour. Available with a choice of UAD-2 QUAD, DUO or SOLO Core processing onboard, you can record through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins at near-zero latency including genuine analog emulations from Neve, Studer, Ampex, API, Lexicon, Manley, Fender and more.*
Apollo Twin MkII includes the “Realtime Analog Classics” suite of UAD plug-ins — the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A and 1176LN compressors, Pultec EQs and more. Unlike other interfaces, the Apollo Twin MkII powers UAD plug-ins inside all major DAWs for mixing and mastering (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64 format). This offloads the processing required from your host Mac or PC.
Users of Apollo Twin MkII can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with an Apollo 8, 8p or 16 rackmount unit, you can use Apollo Twin as a desktop monitor control while still tapping its additional I/O and DSP power.
Apollo Twin MkII Key Features
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Available UAD-2 QUAD, DUO or SOLO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
*Apollo Twin MkII includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle. All other plug-ins are sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Bundle:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Softube Amp Room Half-Stack (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Softube Bass Amp Room 8x10 (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler