The new Evolution Wireless D1 from Sennheiser launched at NAMM 2015 has taken care of some of the issues people have faced with digital wireless systems. The Evolution Wireless D1 uses the 2.4 GHz band for licence free radio transmission virtually anywhere in the world. The D1 range intelligently switches between frequencies to avoid interference from other digital signals such as Wifi or Bluetooth. The best transmission frequency is automatically and imperceptibly switched to before any unwanted interference can be heard.
All users have to do is simply turn the unit on and it automatically matches up the transmitter to the receiver and sets the correct gain to ensure correct microphone sensitivity for optimal levels.
Professional Audio Quality All Evolution Wireless D1 systems employ the industry-leading aptX live codec which produces excellent audio quality with a wide dynamic range and a wide frequency response capable of below 20Hz. The overall latency of the EW D1 is as low as 3.9 milliseconds which will go completely unnoticed.
The new Evolution Wireless D1 system is available in a number of different configurations:
- EW D1-CL1 Wireless Instrument System
- EW D1-835S Wireless Handheld Cardioid Vocal System
- EW D1-845S Wireless Handheld Super-Cardioid Vocal System
- EW D1-ME2 Wireless Lavalier System
- EW D1-ME3 Wireless Headset System
Sennheiser Evolution Wireless System Key Features:
- 2.4 GHz digital transmission with license-free operation
- Ideal for applications requiring up to eight systems
- Automatic Frequency Management continuously scans for interference and adjust automatically
- D1 systems deliver up to 100 mW, which delivers generous usable working range
- Excellent sound quality that captures every nuance of your performance