DPA microphones, Sony Pro Audio and Quested Monitoring Systems invite you to a day of workshops and masterclasses at Liverpool's premiere recording facility - Parr Street Studios.
The day is dedicated to the techniques and processes involved in producing high-quality audio in both studio and live situations. Spaces are limited to 50 with the day being aimed at engineers with an interest in investigating the benefits of developing a combined approach to their chosen field as well as heads of department for local institutions.
The event will start with a presentation and critical listening session from Quested Studio Monitor speakers, followed by an afternoon workshop in studio A with DPA microphones and Sony, including an introduction to the new “Hi-Res Audio” microphone from Sony: the C-100.
Indie-folk band The Leisure Society are lending their talents for the day prior to setting off on their UK tour. The ‘hands-on’ session will go through the processes and techniques used to achieve studio-quality sound for a live environment.
The event will continue into the evening for invite-only listening and drinks at the Parr Street Studio facilities.
- When: Tuesday 16th October, 2pm-5pm (Doors at 1pm) - Optional drinks after the workshop
- Where: Parr Street Studios, 33-45 Parr St, Liverpool L1 4JN
- Entry: Free with registration
- DPA d:facto with Sony DWX on vocals
- DPA CORE 4099 on drums
- DPA CORE 4099 on Instruments
- DPA 4011, 4015 and 4006 on multiple instruments
- DPA CORE by DPA lav and headset microphones for spoken word as well as live instrument use.
- Quested free standing Q212FS large format studio monitors as well as V3110, 2108 & 2104 and S series.
- Sony C-100