Blackmagic Design Heavy Duty Mini Converter Analog to SDI
The Blackmagic Mini Converter Heavy Duty Analog to SDI is a smart well built unit that includes everything you need to convert from analog video in HD/SD component, NTSC, PAL or S-Video to SDI video, with the choice to embed SDI audio from balanced AES/EBU or analog audio inputs. Now you can convert analog devices such as Betacam SP, VHS, set top boxes and HDV cameras to SDI video, all in a compact and super tough converter machined from a solid block of aluminum.
Blackmagic Mini Converters are the world’s most advanced converters because they include the latest 6G-SDI technology, automatically detect the input video format and instantly change between virtually all SD, HD and Ultra HD video standards up to 2160p30! You get advanced features such as redundant SDI inputs, re-clocked loop outputs, and full analog and AES/EBU audio connections so you can convert video, as well as embed or de-embed audio! Choose from a wide range of 3G and 6G-SDI models, depending on the conversion you need! There are even 4 super tough heavy duty models that are built to last when used under extreme conditions.
Mini Converter Heavy Duty
Mini Converter Heavy Duty models give you the highest quality SDI conversion in a super tough design that's perfect for use on location. Each converter is machined from a solid block of aircraft grade aluminum, and can withstand being run over by the largest OB vehicle! Heavy Duty models are built to the highest broadcast standards and automatically switch between SD, HD and 3 Gb/s formats. With low SDI jitter and SDI re-clocking you can use the longest SDI cable lengths.
Designed For Live Production
Outside broadcast, news gathering and live events are demanding production environments where equipment gets tested to its limits. Mini Converter Heavy Duty models are packed with features to withstand daily use on location. Get a choice of models that convert between SDI and HDMI for connecting to low cost cameras and monitors, and SDI and analog when you need to connect to older decks and video equipment.
Work On Location
With low SDI jitter and SDI re-clocking you can use the longest lengths of SDI cable at live events and outside broadcasts without any loss of video quality. Relevant Heavy Duty models also feature a redundant input, so you can run a second cable as a back up. If the main SDI input is lost, the converter automatically switches over to the alternative input. This feature is great for outdoor use or in venues where working amongst large crowds may result in cable damage.
- SDI Video Output: Automatically matches the SD and HD video input.
- Analog Video: Component SD/HD, NTSC, PAL and S-Video.
- Analog Audio: 2 channels of professional balanced analog audio with standard 1/4 inch jack connections.
- AES/EBU Digital Audio: 2 channels of professional balanced digital with standard 1/4 inch jack connections.
- Updates and Configuration: Via USB 2.0 high speed. (480 Mb/s)
- Reclocking: Yes
- SD Format Support: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Format Support: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p24, 1080PsF24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 296M, ITU-R BT.656 and ITU-R BT.601
- SDI Video Rates: SDI video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition.
- SDI Video Sampling: 4:22
- SDI Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.
- SDI Color Precision: 4:2:2
- SDI Color Space: YUV
- SDI Auto Switching: Automatically selects between SD SDI, HD-SDI and 3G‑SDI.
- Analog Format Support: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL, 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- Analog Color Space: YUV
- Analog Color Precision: 4:2:2
- Software Control: Mac OS X™ and Windows™ software upgrade via USB.
- Internal Software Upgrade: Via included updater application.
- Power Supply: +12V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries. Cable tie point.
- Power Consumption: 6.50 Watts
- Operational Voltage Range: 12 - 31V DC
- Settings Control: Mini Switches or USB software.
- Physical (HxDxW): 29.7mm x 127.2mm x 107 mm
- Operating temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- What's Included
- Mini Converter Heavy Duty Analog to SDI
- 12V AC adapter with international socket adapters for all countries.
- Warranty: 3 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Blackmagic Design SKU SBLMCONVMHDUTYAAS Model BMD-CONVMH/DUTYAAS GTIN NA