Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Recorder
The Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Recorder is a PCIe slot capture card with both SDI and HDMI inputs for capturing uncompressed 10-bit video from a camera directly into your computer. You'll be able to ingest footage as the camera's recording live or from a playback of the camera's recording. The inputs are active, so once you plug a cable into them, they'll begin functioning.
This card automatically switches between SD and HD, so it'll be able to handle all common video formats. The point of ingesting through a capture card is to bypass unnecessary compressions and hence data loss. The card performs just one compression, upon delivery to your computer, where your footage gets encoded into an edit-ready codec of your choice.
SDI 10-bit SD/HD switchable video with 16 ch HD / 8 ch SD embedded audio
HDMI type A video with 8 ch audio embedded in SD and HD
1-Lane PCI Express Card
The Mini Monitor is a 1-lane PCI Express card and is compatible with 4, 8 and 16 lane PCI Express slots on Mac OS X, Windows 8 and Linux. The only Mac capable of accepting the card is a Mac Pro as other Macs can't be opened to enable installation. The card features two PCIe shields for both full height and low profile slots.
Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Recorder Specifications
- SDI Video Input: 1 x 10-bit SD/HD switchable
- HDMI Video Input: 1 x HDMI type A connector.
- SDI Audio Input: 8 channels embedded in SD and HD.
- HDMI Audio Input: 8 Channels embedded in SD and HD.
- Computer Interface: PCI Express 1 lane, compatible with 1, 4, 8 and 16 lane PCIe slots.
- Canon XF MPEG2
- Digital SLR
- XDCAM EX
- XDCAM HD
- XDCAM HD422
- Apple ProRes 4444
- Apple ProRes 422 (HQ)
- Apple ProRes 422
- Apple ProRes (LT)
- Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy)
- Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2
- Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Avid Media Composer
- Adobe After Effects
- Nuke - The Foundry
- DaVinci Resolve
- Avid Pro Tools
- Steinberg Cubase
- Steinberg Nuendo
- Adobe Photoshop
- Media Express
- Other supported applications include: Avid Symphony, Avid News Cutter, Tools On Air just:in & live:cut & just:play & just:live, Softron OnTheAir, MovieRecorder and OnTheAir CG, Flash Media Encoder, Wirecast, Livestream Procaster, Resolume Avenue 4, Sony Vegas Pro, Corel VideoStudio Pro X4, CyberLink Power Director, MAGIX Video Pro X4, Vidcaster Pro & Studio & Broadcast, Uniplay, Playbox AirBox, CasparCG, Magicsoft CG, Xsplit Broadcaster, Harris Infocaster.
- SD Format Support: 625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC.
- HD Format Support: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080p24, 1080PsF25, 1080p25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080p29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080p30, 1080i50, 1080i59.94 and 1080i60.
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M and 292M.
- SDI Metadata Support: VITC read for 3:2 pulldown removal. VANC capture and playback using up to 3 lines of video in file. HD RP188 and closed captioning.
- Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2
- Color Precision: 10-bit
- Color Space: REC 601, REC 709
- HDMI Configuration: HDMI automatically configures to connected display.
- HDMI Resolution: Pixel for pixel HD resolution input to connected device.
- HDMI Color Precision: 10-bit
- Multiple Rate support: SDI and HDMI are switchable between between standard definitlon and high definition.
- Copy Protection: HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content.
- Colorspace Conversion: Hardware based real time.
- HD Up Conversion: Software based up conversion during video capture.
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks or later.
- Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Warranty: 3 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Blackmagic Design SKU SBLMBDLKMINIREC Model BMD-BDLKMINIREC GTIN NA Single or Pair N/A