Blackmagic Design Battery Operated Mini Converter HDMI to SDI
The Blackmagic Design HDMI to SDI Battery Converter converts an HDMI input to up to two SDI outputs. The outputs automatically match and output in the quality of the HDMI input, whether HD or SD; whatever comes in is what automatically goes out. Both the HDMI and SDI connections support up to 1080p60 HD, which on the SDI side is equivalent to 3G. The converter also supports embedded audio on both the in and outs.
One reason for converting to SDI is to take advantage of the longer distance that SDI cables can carry a signal. If your camera has an HDMI output, this converter will let you instead output by SDI, allowing professional connectivity on location.
Power is supplied by a built-in lithium-ion polymer rechargeable battery that allows on location work without external power, and an AC power supply is additionally also included.
Built-in Battery Power
The built-in lithium-ion polymer battery provides more than two hours of charge and, when you need to, you can power or recharge the unit easily from any 12V source. An LED indicates the battery charge level. The battery can be recharged while the converter is in use, so you can work continuously when connected to a power source. You get a DC power supply that includes adapters for international power sockets.
Latest SDI Technology
Battery Converters feature the latest 3 Gb/s SDI technology with low jitter so you can use long SDI cable lengths and maintain perfect video quality. Automatic detection of SD/HD video formats means you don’t have to waste time reconfiguring your converter, even if you change the input signal. Both Battery Converter models support embedded SDI and HDMI audio so you get perfect digital video and digital audio quality.
Super Tough Design
The compact design fits into the palm of your hand, yet is strong enough to be run over by a truck and keep working! Each Battery Converter is machined from aircraft grade aluminum and, like Mini Converter Heavy Duty models, features scratch resistant laser etched labeling and non slip rubber feet. Battery Converters pack an enormous number of features and the highest 3 Gb/s SDI technology into a tiny design that fits easily into any camera bag!
Blackmagic Battery Converter HDMI to SDI Specifications
- SDI Video Input: None
- SDI Video Output: 2x SD/HD-SDI outputs automatically match the SD/HD video input.
- HDMI: HDMI type A in
- Multi Rate Support: Auto detection of HD or standard definition HDMI inputs.
- Software Updates: Via USB 2.0 high speed. (480 Mb/s)
- SD Format Support: 525/29.97 NTSC, 625/25 PAL
- HD Format Support: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p24, 1080PsF24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 296M, ITU-R BT.656 and ITU-R BT.601.
- SDI Video Rates: SDI video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition.
- SDI Video Sampling: 4:2:2
- SDI Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.
- SDI Color Precision: 4:2:2
- SDI Color Space: YUV
- SDI Auto Switching: Automatically selects between SD SDI, HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s SDI.
- HDMI Format Support: 480p60 NTSC, 576p50 PAL, 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94 and 1080p60.
- HDMI Color Space: YUV and RGB
- HDMI Color Precision: 4:2:2 in all formats and 4:4:4 up to 1080p29.97
- Copy Protection: HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content.
- Video Lock Indicator: LED indicates input video signal lock
- Internal Software Upgrade: Via included software updater application.
- Power Supply: Integrated Lithium-ion Polymer rechargeable battery. 12V-31V DC port for external battery power or use included 12V AC adapter with international socket adapters for all countries. Cable tie point.
- Battery Information: Over 2 hours battery life. Battery charge indicator with On/Off switch to preserve battery life.
- Power Consumption: Typically 2.3 Watts
- Operational Voltage Range: 12 - 31 Vdc
- Product Warranty: 12 Months Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Blackmagic Design SKU SBLMCONVBATTHS Model BMD-CONVBATT/HS GTIN NA Single or Pair N/A