Black Box Analog Design HG-2
The Black Box Analog Design HG-2 is a professional stereo mixbus saturation device. This unit is designed to add colour, natural compression and increased RMS on the masterbus. It is ideal for mixing and mastering, adding colour and texture easily without sacrificing the sound. The Black Box HG2 uses a combination of 6U8A Pentode and 12AX7 valve stages to deliver subtle harmonic enhancement to full on saturation.
A Cinemag input transformers feeds both paths which are then controlled by a 3-way tilt switch which affects the frequency content of the signal feeding the circuit. The Low position saturates all the low and mid content while the Flat position saturates the full bandwidth. The high position only affects high mid and high frequencies to add a sheen to dull tracks without affecting the rest of the signal.
- High voltage Pentode & Triode tube stages
- Parallel saturation with mix control
- 3 way “Tilt” frequency control over parallel saturation
- Instantly selectable/swappable saturation tubes
- “Air” lift
- Cinemag input and output transformers
- True bypass
- selectable meter
- Illuminated push button switches & sealed relays
- Heavy duty steel chassis
- Made in USA
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Black Box Analog Design SKU SBLBHG2 Model HG-2 GTIN NA Single or Pair N/A