Bel BM-A1-16SHD - 1U 16 Channel Audio Monitor
The Bel BM-A1-16SHD is a high quality, 1U, 16-channel audio monitor/de-embedder suitable for operation in broadcast control rooms or OB vehicles where SDI is the standard video format. It is able to de-embed 16 channels of audio from 3G/HD/SD SDI, and display the levels of channels 1 to 8 or 9 to 16 on the front panel meters, and to provide stereo audio monitoring of any combination of the 16 channels.
The unit is very simple to use: all source selection and main monitoring setup is done from individual controls on the front panel without any necessity for menu navigation.
In addition to two auto-detecting 3G/HD/SD SDI inputs, the monitor has eight balanced analogue inputs (D-sub) and four AES3id BNCs. A re-clocked loop-through output is available for the selected SDI source providing a convenient and cost-effective method of switching SDI feeds to an external monitor. Channels 1 to 8 of the selected source are also routed to four AES3id outputs and eight balanced analogue outputs (D-sub). In addition, the stereo audio monitor mix is available as a separate balanced feed at a pair of XLRs.
Audio levels are metered on eight 26-segment tricolour LED bargraphs. User setup options allow a choice of four scales and ballistics (including BBC or DIN PPM, VU and AES/EBU), and also colour transition points and peak hold.
The audio quality is remarkably high for a 1U unit in addition to the front panel stereo speakers a third low frequency driver is mounted internally to provide an impressively extended low frequency response for such a compact monitor unit. Users have full flexibility in assigning any channel to left, right or both speakers (or neither), and automatic level attenuation compensates for monitoring multiple channels. A ¼” jack headphone output socket is provided on the front panel. When in use, the internal speakers are muted. Audio level at the rear panel analogue outputs may be configured from a setup menu either to be fixed or to follow the main volume control.
The BM-A1-16SHD is fitted with a display screen, enabling easy device configuration and display of signal status information. A Dolby decoder card may be retrofitted to allow decoding of Dolby E, Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus signals; the card also permits loudness measurement (compliant with ITU-R BS1770-2) of the selected sources.
The unit, built to a very high mechanical standard in a stainless steel 1U 19” enclosure, is designed to give the best possible isolation from external interference and vice versa, and is fully RoHS compliant.
Bel BM-A1-16SHD Features:
- Metering and monitoring of up to 16 channels of audio
- 16-channel audio de-embedding from SDI sources
- Auto-sensing SDI inputs (SD/HD/3G)
- Additional 16-channel sources: AES3id x 4 and analogue x 8
- AES3id and analogue outputs of channels 1 to 8 of the selected source
- Very simple to use: all primary functions have individual controls
- Display for input status, metadata and unit configuration
- 2 x full-range front panel speakers plus internal LF sub-woofer
- Any channel may be monitored on either speaker, including combinations and groups
- High resolution, tricolour LED meters with adjustable colour transition points and peak-hold facility
- Four standard meter scales/ballistics, user selectable
- Audio output levels are auto-adjusted for consistent volume when monitoring multiple channels
- Optional card for Dolby® decoding and loudness measurement
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Bel SKU SBELBMA116SHD Model Bel BM-A1-16SHD - 1U 16 Channel Audio Monitor GTIN N/A Single or Pair N/A