Audio Technica U857AL
Engineered for versatile positioning and extremely flexible performance in boardroom, school, government, house-of-worship and other installed applications, the Audio Technica U857AL features a small-diameter gooseneck with virtually no 'memory'. Its ultra-flexible, robust design permits easy adjustment into desired shape while resisting inadvertent repositioning.
This cardioid condenser gooseneck microphone direct mounts to any 5/8"-27 stand; it is 16.58" long. Equipped with UniGuard® innovations that offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference, the U857AL accepts interchangeable elements, available in cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional and UniLine® line cardioid polar patterns. The battery- or phantom-powered microphone also offers an 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep® filter that reduces pickup of low-frequency ambient noise.
Audio Technica U857AL Features
- Designed for high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording and broadcasting
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Easy-to-adjust, rugged, small-diameter, alternating gooseneck with virtually no 'memory' permits quick positioning into desired shape
- UniSteep® filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Accepts interchangeable elements to permit angle of acceptance from 90° to 360°
- Two-stage foam windscreen yields dramatically improved resistance to P-pops and other breath blasts
- Direct mounts to any 5/8"-27 stand, or to included threaded mounting flange
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: Phantom: 42 dB (7.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa Battery: -43 dB (7.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: Phantom: 200 ohms Battery: 270 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: Phantom: 133 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D. Battery: 123 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: Phantom: 109 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL Battery: 99 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Battery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current Life: 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- Switch: Off, on-flat, on-roll-off
- Cable: 9.8' (3.0 m) long (permanently attached to microphone), 0.13" (3.2 mm) diameter, 2-conductor shielded cable with TA3F-type connector
- Accessories: AT8531 power module; AT8153 two-stage foam windscreen; AT8663 A-mount flange; AT8664 A-mount cable pass-through adapter; battery
View on the Audio Technica Europe Website.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Audio Technica SKU SAUDU857AL Model U857AL GTIN 5055145737941