AMS Neve 2264A Classic Mono Limiter/Comp Module (Rack Needed)
The Neve 2264A is a mono limiter/compressor module for use in Neve racks. The 2264A retains the original 2264A’s unique sonic characteristics by using the same architecture, matching components and original hand-wound transformers as its historic counterpart, but it is also available in both vertical and horizontal orientations.
Being electrically and mechanically the same D.L.1 format as the Neve 1073 and 1084 Mic/Pre modules, the 2264A can be inserted into any compliant console or rack that houses the 1073 or 1084 module types.
Originally designed in 1974, the Neve 2264A mono Limiter/Compressor unit quickly became a legend. Delivering similar facilities and performance as the earlier 2254 Limiter/Compressor type, it did so despite being packaged in a more compact form-factor. Discreet, Class A/B design and transformer-coupled circuits used in the input, innovative bridge-driver design, side-chain and output stages ensured a totally unique sound. The original 2264A units are still sought after, decades after production stopped, and they remain one of the milestone pieces of studio equipment.
Neve 2264A Features
- Classic mono Limiter/Compressor
- Available in Vertical and Horizontal orientations
- Transformer-coupled circuits used in Input, Bridge-driver, Side-chain and Output stages
- Independent Limiter and Compressor IN/OUT selectors
- BYPASS switch connects input terminals directly to output terminals
- Multiple units can be linked together to provide multi-unit side-chain control from a single unit
- Analogue meter with approximate PPM ballistics indicates 0dB to 20dB of gain reduction
- Crafted in England by Neve engineers
Neve 2264A Specifications
- Input: 10kΩ, bridging, balanced and earth-free.
- Output: Source impedance 80Ω, balanced and earth-free. Maximum output: +26dB into 600Ω
- Gain: 0 dB, with pre-set adjustment of ±2dB gain using rear-mounted GAIN PRESET control.
- Noise: -70.5dBu (20 Hz to 20 kHz) for linear and limit modes.
- Frequency Response: Flat, within 1dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
- Distortion: With limit switched IN, threshold set to +4dBu, recovery 800mS & input level +20dB: 0.05% @ 1kHz (10Hz to 80kHz)With Compress & Limit switched OUT, input/output level +9dB: 0.05% @ 1kHz (10Hz to 80kHz)
- Limit Threshold: Variable from +4dB to +15dB in 0.5dB steps.
- Limiter Ratio: Greater than 100:1
- Limiter Attack Time: 4mS
- Limiter Recovery Time: 50mS, 100mS, 200mS, 800mS and Auto 1 (100mS/2 sec) and Auto 2 (50mS/5 sec) settings.
- Compressor Ratio: 1.5:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 6:1
- Compressor Threshold: Variable from -20dBu to +10dBu in 2dB steps.
- Compressor Attack Time: 3mS
- Compressor Recovery Time: 100mS, 400mS, 800mS, 1.5S, and Auto 1 (100mS/2 sec) and Auto 2 (50mS/5 sec) settings.
- Compressor Gain Make-up: Gain Make-up control provides 0dB to +20dB extra gain in 2dB steps when Compress switched IN.
Gain Reduction Indicator:
- Meter: Analogue meter with approximate PPM ballistics indicates 0db to +20dB of gain reduction.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Neve SKU SNEV2264A Model 2264A GTIN NA