AMS Neve 1073 DPD
The Neve 1073 DPD is a professional unit that combines two world-famous Class A Neve 1073 microphone preamplifiers with flexible 192kHz digital output capabilities, for modern recording environments – all in a single rackspace. This classic design is the quintessential mic pre for capturing vocals and musical instruments, with the added convenience of direct output to hard disk recorders or computers, thanks to the high-quality Neve-designed analogue-to-digital converters.
For those who don’t already know its legacy, the big, punchy sound of the mic 1073 preamp complements any musical genre, from rock to pop, hip-hop to rap, thrash to classical. Its lush sound with classic Neve signature makes it the consummate mic pre for recording vocals, guitars, and all acoustic instruments.
With the 1073DPD, two Neve 1073 mic preamplifiers are complemented by superb Neve-designed analogue-to-digital converters that can capture a performance in any required format. In addition to Neve's famous Class A analogue, outputs are a series of digital options, including all standard PCM sampling rates up to 192kHz, selectable via convenient front-panel controls. A unique feature is the Neve DSD (Direct Stream Digital) output, providing unsurpassed quality beyond PCM technology.
Despite its power, the 1073DPD is remarkably simple to operate. Two rear-panel Mic inputs and Line inputs feed dual Class A gain stages, with adjustable Gain control and selectable 48V available on the Mic inputs. Class A analogue outputs in XLR format are also found on the rear panel, controlled via adjustable front-panel ±10dB Trim controls. Analogue insert points are provided ahead of the A/D converters, ensure the classic Neve sound is retained.
The combination of legendary analogue circuitry and superior digital quality makes the 1073DPD the obvious choice as a front-end for recording to digital workstations.
Neve 1073 DPD Features
- Two legendary 1073 microphone preamps in a convenient 1U rackmount design
- Superior Neve-designed analogue-to-digital 24-bit converters
- 192Khz operation with DSD conversion, selectable via front-panel controls
- Dedicated input Gain controls and output Trim controls on both channels
- +48V Phantom Power and Phase Reverse switch
- High quality Input Selector switch
- Neve designed transformers for inimitable Neve sound
- Hand-crafted and hand-wired by Neve in Burnley, UK
- Input Impedance: Mic - switchable: 300 or 1200 OhmsLine - 20K Ohms
- Frequency Response: 60dB gain into 600 Ohms (20Hz to 20kHz); +/-0.5dB60dB gain into 600 Ohms (10Hz to 40kHz); -3dB
- EIN: Mic 60dB gain <-125dB (22Hz to 22kHz bandwidth)
- THD + Noise: +20dBu into 600 Ohms <0.07% (50Hz to 10kHz) - 80kHz bandwidth
A/D Converter Frequency Response:
- Input Impedance 20K Ohms: 48kHz +/-1.25dB (10Hz to 20kHz)96kHz +/-1dB (10Hz to 40kHz)192kHz +/-1dB (10Hz to 40kHz)
- Dynamic Range: >106dB
- Width: 482mm (19 inches)
- Height: 45mm (1.75 inches) - 1U
- Depth: 254mm (10 inches)
- Weight: 5kg (11 pounds)
- Integral PSU: 3-pin mains IEC socket - 100-240vac auto sensing, 47-63Hz, 1.6A anti-surge fuse
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Neve SKU SNEV1073DPD Model 1073DPD GTIN 0714497642093 Single or Pair No
£834.00 (inc. vat) £695.00 (ex. vat)
£1,074.00 (inc. vat) £895.00 (ex. vat)
£6,116.40 (inc. vat) £5,097.00 (ex. vat)
£1,794.00 (inc. vat) £1,495.00 (ex. vat)