Akai MPC X
Modern music’s evolution is intrinsically linked to the legendary Akai Professional MPC line – full-featured production and performance powerhouses that have spawned multiple genres and advanced countless existing ones. With a design often replicated but never surpassed, the Music Production Centre empowers users with an unrivalled workflow and a tangible, intuitive interface coupled with forward thinking, indemand functionality that sets the precedence for the industry standard. Don’t settle for an imitation, take control of your creative output with MPC.
NEW IN MPC
MPC returns, armed with reimagined functionality and retaining the core workflow ethos that defined it’s iconic reputation. So what’s new in MPC X? Standalone functionality, CV outputs, audio track recording, clip launching, MPC 2.0 Software and much more. This isn’t just the next generation of MPCs, this is a turning point in self-contained creative capability.
MPC doesn’t just complement your workflow, it enhances it. With MPC X the convenience of touchscreen control, full-featured functionality and standalone capability fuses with Akai Professional’s iconic velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB 16-pad format. The result? Immersive, self-contained production and performance solutions meticulously designed for unprecedented creative expression without limitation.
Precision engineered to enhance your creative flow, the MPC X’s arsenal of hardware controls redefines the studio centrepiece standard. 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive backlit RGB pads provide iconic MPC response, faithfully capturing every subtle nuance of your performance. 16 touch-sensitive 360-degree Q-Links with OLED displays seamlessly map to critical parameters, with user-selectable mapping functionality for a completely personalised experience. 66 buttons provide direct hardware access to all aspects of the user interface, catering for any workflow preference.
The MPC X forms the beating heart of your creativity, offering harmonious integration with your existing setup thanks to an ensemble of studio-grade inputs and outputs. 8 balanced outputs connect to virtually all peripheral studio equipment for uncompromised signal routing and monitoring capability. Plus, a combination of XLR, ¼-inch high-Z, balanced ¼-inch, and Turntable RCA inputs, plus switchable phantom power (+48v), direct hardware monitoring, interactive VU metering, dual ¼-inch & 1/8-inch headphone outputs and pristine high-resolution capture ensures rapid assimilation into your setup and an unprecedented production experience.
RADIANT HIGH-DEFINITION DISPLAY
Centre-stage on the MPC X is a high-definition, full colour 10.1-inch fully articulating multi-touch display, conveniently outfitted with 8 lockable positions. Immersive yourself in a world of intuitive gesture based control of your production on the largest screen ever fitted to an MPC to date.
Whether you prefer working in the box or dream of a truly unleashed production experience, MPC X effortlessly transforms from a formidable standalone production centre to a high-powered MIDI controller. Natively powering MPC in standalone mode is MPC 2.0 Software, fully loaded with critical in-demand production and performance capability. Connect MPC X to your Mac or PC, load MPC software as a plugin into your DAW of choice - or as a standalone application - and harness the undeniable power and creative scope of VST-instruments and effects. Whatever your preference, MPC X redefines expectations for control, seamlessly accommodating the most stringent of needs with ease.
As standard MPC X ships with 16GB of internal Micro SD storage. Seeking to incorporate your own samples without tethering to a computer? MPC X features a 2.5” SATA drive connector providing expanded storage via external hard drive – SSD or HDD. Additionally, sounds can be accessed and added to the library using the built-in SD Card slot or the USB thumb drive.
With MPC X, harnessing the power and of your modular systems, sound modules, drum machines and synthesisers couldn’t be easier. Fusing a raft of premium control sources, an on-board 2-in/4-out MIDI interface plus 8 configurable CV outputs, take control of your outboard equipment using MPC X’s unmatched sequencing capability. Plus, the MPC X’s 2 USB 2.0 inputs adds further customisation and workflow enhancements providing support for external keyboards, mice and generic USB MIDI devices.
INFINITE SOUNDS, UNLIMITED INSPIRATION
The MPC has a well-earned reputation for sounds that hit hard and sound great, right out of the box. The MPC X is no exception. Pre-installed with 10 gigs of world-class content, The Vault 2.0 features samples and kits from leading sound design companies including Capsun Audio, MVP Loops, TOOLROOM, CR2 Records, Loopmasters as well as our own meticulously crafted sounds.
Akai MPC X Features
- Standalone MPC – no computer required – natively powered by MPC 2.0 Software
- 10.1” full-color multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 Software, compatible with Mac & PC
- 16 Touch-capacitive Q-Links controls with OLED displays
- 66 buttons for direct, hardware access to all aspects of MPC 2.0 Software
- 4 selectable inputs: 2 XLR / ¼” combo jacks with switchable phantom power, 2 1/4” TRS jacks, 2 instrument level, ¼” jacks, turntable RCA input with ground peg
- 8 outputs: balanced ¼” jack
- Dual ¼” and 1/8” headphone outputs
- 2 full-size MIDI inputs, 4 full-size MIDI Outputs
- 8 configurable CV/Gate outputs enabling the analogue control of modular gear, such as classic synths
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of premium sound content included from leading sound designers including CR2, TOOLROOM, Loopmasters, Capsun Pro Audio, and more)
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- SD Card slot for loading samples and projects
- (16) velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit
- (8) banks accessible via Pad Bank buttons
- (16) 360° touch-sensitive Q-Link knobs for parameter adjustment
- (1) 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
- (7) 270° knobs for gain, mix & level adjustment
- (63) dedicated-function buttons
- 10.1” / 257 mm (diagonal)
- 8.5” x 5.5” / 216 x 139 mm (width x height)
- Full-color LED-backlit display with touch interface
- Processor 1.8 GHz quad-core ARM® Cortex® A17 processor
- RAM 2 GB
- Storage 16 GB (user storage, 10 GB pre-installed content), 4 GB (MPC operating system)
- (2) XLR+1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (Input 1/2)
- (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (Input 3/4: 1 stereo pair)
- (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TS instrument inputs (Inst 1/2)
- (2) RCA inputs (Input 3/4: 1 stereo pair, phono- or line-level)
- (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TS footswitch inputs (FS 1/2)
- (2) 5-pin MIDI inputs
- (8) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS outputs (Main L/R, Outputs 3/4–7/8: 4 stereo pairs)
- (4) 5-pin MIDI outputs
- (8) 1/8” (3.5 mm) CV/Gate outputs
- (1) 1/4” (6.35 mm) stereo headphone output
- (1) 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo headphone output
- (2) USB Type-A ports (1) USB Type-B port
- (1) SD card slot
- (1) power adapter input Power via power adapter (19 V, 3.42 A, center-positive, included)
- Dimensions (width x depth x height)
- 19.9” x 16.7” x 3.4” / 50.5 x 42.4 x 8.7 cm (display flat)
- 19.9” x 15.3” x 8.4” / 50.5 x 38.8 x 21.4 cm (display upright)
- 12.57 lbs.
- 5.66 kg
- Additional Information
Manufacturer AKAI SKU SAKAMPCX Model MPC X GTIN 0694318017876