The Akai EWI5000 is the latest addition to the EWI series. The Akai EWI5000 is an electronic wind instrument combining 2.4GHz wireless technology to send audio to its included wireless reciever and wired audio/MIDI connections for intergrating with production software and hardware.
The EWI5000's advanced ultra-responsive mouth piece's air-pressure level sensor coupled with its multiple fingering modes make it a great choice for both classically trained musicians or a seasoned electronic wind instrument player.
Akai EWI5000 Features
- Authentic wind-instrument performance and response with next-generation music technology
- Wireless stereo audio for onstage freedom (receiver included)
- 3GB of onboard, world-class acoustic and synth sounds created by SONiVOX
- Up to 6 hours of play time using the rechargeable lithium-ion battery (charging adapter included)
- 8 precision dials for quickly tweaking instrument and effect parameters
- USB port for USB-MIDI connection and battery recharging
- 1/4" audio output and 1/8" headphone output
- Mouthpiece: Air-pressure level sensor and bite sensor
- Note Keys: 13 touch sensors
- Controls: 8 instrument and effect precision dials
- Octave Rollers: 6 mobile, 2 fixed touch sensors (8-octave range)
- Plates: 2 pitch-bend, 2 ground
- Inputs / Outputs: (1) USB port, (1) 5-pin DIN MIDI output, (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TRS line output, (1) 1/8" (3.5mm) TRS headphone output
- MIDI Connectivity: USB-MIDI and 5-Pin MIDI ouput
- Wireless Connectivity: Stereo Wireless Audio (2.4GHz)
- Power: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery charged via USB port (charges with included USB cable or wall adapter)
- Sound Library: 3GB of acoustic and synth sounds developed by SONiVOX
- Dimensions: 2.4" x 26.6" x 1.7"
- Weight: 1.98 lb
- Dimensions: 2.4" x 4.8" x 3.6"
- Weight: 0.29 lbs
- Macintosh: Intel® Mac with Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, or 10.9; 2 GB RAM
- PC: Windows 7 or Windows 8; 1 GHz processor or faster; 1 GB (32-Bit) and 2 GB (64-Bit) RAM
- Additional Information
Manufacturer AKAI SKU SAKAEWI5000 Model EWI 5000 GTIN 694318015254