The AEA TRP is a one of a kind preamp was designed specifically for use with ribbon mics, moving coil, and tube mics and has 83db of clean gain and no dangerous phantom power. The Ribbon Pre is one of the only mic pres out there designed exclusively for ribbon mics. The TRP is an ultra fast, two channel, minimal-path JFET preamp designed collaboratively with Fred Forssell. This unit is designed to have one of the lowest noise floors available. Eliminating phantom power allows for advantages in minimal signal path circuitry and the elimination of electronics that induce noise.
The AEA TRP is the only mic preamp designed specifically for ribbon mics. Unleash your ribbon microphones' full potential with a TRP, and hear music more completely than ever before. Your ribbon mics will sound loud, clean and open, with fuller bass response.
AEA's TRP has the quick, quiet gain you need for digital recording of ribbon, moving coil and tube mics. The Ribbon Pre has the speed needed for high resolution 192 kHz recording. With 300 kHz of bandwidth and DC coupled, Low-Energy-Storage (LES) circuit topology this preamp delivers outstanding dynamic response and bandwidth, and recovers instantly from overloads. TRPs have enough gain to let you hear how noisy the universe really is, but within the limits of physics, provide quiet gain. The DC coupled mic inputs let you hear all the dynamics, subwoofer bass and fast transients that your ribbon and tube mics can deliver. This discrete front end and integrated circuit JFET design combines the quiet gain of solid state with an openness reminiscent of tubes.
- Two channels with 81dB of sweet and quiet gain
- Optimized for passive ribbon, tube, and moving coil mics
- No Load™ DC coupled design for extended bass response
- Switchable polarity reverse and high-pass filter
- Gain at 1kHz: 83 dB of gain at 1 kHz
- Noise figure: -130 EIN noise figure
- Db at 300 kHz: -3 dB at 300 kHz
- Balanced Microphone Input Impedance: 33K Ohm
- Phantom power: No phantom power
- Color LEDs: Green and Red LEDs indicates channel level
- Balanced XLR: Balanced XLR +4 dBu, and Unbalanced 1/4- inch -10 dBV outputs
- Size: Half-rack wide, one rack unit high (8.5" x 8.5" x 1.7")
- Weight: Two pounds, plus power supply is (1.5 lbs.)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer AEA SKU SAEATRP Model TRP GTIN NA Single or Pair No
£3,096.00 (inc. vat) £2,580.00 (ex. vat)
£4,410.00 (inc. vat) £3,675.00 (ex. vat)
£2,721.72 (inc. vat) £2,268.10 (ex. vat)
This product is currently unavailable
Contact us to discuss sourcing this or a similar product.