3DIO Free Space Pro II
The 3Dio Free Space Pro II is an binaural microphone that allows you to record high quality audio with two matched DPA 4060 capsules for fully immersive videos, games and more. The DPA microphones a highly sencitive making them perfect for binaural recordings making your audio immercive and realistic. With a dynamic range of 20 Hz - 20 kHz these capsuals match the hearing range of human ears to further add to the realisim of you recorded audio. The Free Space Pro II also ideal for professional studio recording and high-end recording binaural capture. The quiet 'openness' of the mic is great for location recordings too.
3DIO Free Space Pro II Features
XLR Phantom Power Output
This upgraded version of the Free Space includes two true transformer-balanced stereo XLR outputs that support phantom power. Power the Free Space Pro II using the 48V supply from a pre-amp, digital recorder or mixing console. The Free Space Pro II also includes an 1/8" stereo jack output that is powered by the internal 9V battery. The phantom power works regardless of the state of the 9V battery.
The Free Space Pro II comes standard with a 5/8" microphone stand adapter installed in the base. The microphone stand adapter is removable. The base of the microphone has a 1/4"-20 female thread mounting hole that can be connected to a hot-shoe adapter or used to mount directly onto a tripod or grip handle.
The Free Space Pro II contains a 9V alkaline battery within the chassis. The exchangeable battery is used to power the microphone capsules.
Why does it sound so natural?
The Free Space Pro II captures sound just like we hear it in the real world with our own ears. When you listen back over headphones or 3D capable speakers, you hear the sound as if you were there at the time of recording. The effect is so powerful because the Free Space Pro II design is based on 13+ years of research into binaural technology and human hearing.
- Dimensions: 7.5" x 4.5" x 4.5" | 190mm x 110mm x 110mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 1.66 lbs | 755g
- Output: 3.5mm (1/8") stereo jack (mic level output)
- Output: Two (2) 3-Pin XLR, Balanced Outputs
- Directional Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Cartridge Type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ±2 dB: Soft boost grid: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 3 dB soft boost at 8 - 20 kHz. High boost grid: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 10 dB boost at 12 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 20 mV/Pa; -34 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 71 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1% THD up to 123 dB SPL peak; < 1% THD up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 100 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 134 dB
- Output impedance: 30 - 40 Ω
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply (for full performance): For wireless For wireless systems: Min. 5 V - max. 50 V through DPA adapter. With DAD6001-BC/DAD6024/DAD4099: 48 V phantom power ±4 V for full performance
- Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Temperature range: -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- Relative humidity (RH): Up to 90%
- Battery: 9V Alkaline
- Additional Information
Manufacturer 3Dio SKU S3DIOFREESPACEPROII Model 3DIOFreeSpacePro2 GTIN NA Single or Pair No
£6,244.99 (inc. vat) £5,204.16 (ex. vat)
£215.00 (inc. vat) £179.17 (ex. vat)
£2,398.80 (inc. vat) £1,999.00 (ex. vat)
£799.00 (inc. vat) £665.83 (ex. vat)