Zoom TAC-2 - Audio Converter
The Zoom Tac-2 is a portable, lightweight Thunderbolt audio interface with ultra-low latency and 24bit/192kHz operation.
The Zoom Tac-2 is a 2 in/2 out interface with two combo XLR/TRS connectors for microphones and line-level signals and an additional unbalanced Hi-Z input for guitars. The outputs a delivered on 2 TRS jacks as well as a stereo 1/4" headphone jack.
The large rotary knob is used to control all the levels and enable +48v phantom power an each input. 2 seven-segment LED meters are there to help you keep your levels in check.
Besides offering incredibly fast data transfer speeds, Thunderbolt carries 10 watts/18 volts of power, this means the Tac-2 can be bus powered, eliminating the need for an external power supply.
Tac-2 MixEfx software is included and enables the user to setup monitoring mixes and tracking effect so artists can perform with reverb and with no-latency. Extra functions can be accessed in here including phase reverse, low cut filter, input/DAW mix.
Zoom Tac-2 Features
- 2-in/2-out high speed Thunderbolt™ audio interface
- Support for recording and playback up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Ultra-low latency audio streaming
- Two combo balanced XLR/TRS input connectors
- +48V phantom power for each input
- Hi-Z input jack allows direct connection of electric guitar or bass
- Two balanced TRS output jacks for connection to amplifiers or self-powered speakers
- Dedicated headphone jack with independent level control
- 7-position LED metering for input, output and headphone volume
- High-performance Burr Brown mic preamps with up to +60dB of amplification
- 4x upsampling during A/D and D/A conversion for reduced noise and enhanced fidelity
- Asynchronous transfer system unaffected by computer jitter
- Simple user interface—all operations controlled by a single rotary knob
- Bus powered—no AC power required
- Rugged yet compact and lightweight
- Works with all Thunderbolt-equipped Macintosh computers running OS X 10.8.5 or later