Zoom R24 - Multi-Track Recorder, Interface, Controller & Sampler
The Zoom R24 Multi-Track Recorder is a swiss army knife of functionality. Also acting as an Audio Interface and Midi Controller it takes the popular R16 Portable Multitrack and expands the concept to a new level allowing you to record up to 24 tracks (up to 8 simultaneously) all onto a handy SD Card for easy editing. Perfect for making demos, live recordings or full productions - even when you're away from your studio.
What's more, the R24 functions as an audio interface to your computer and as a control surface that works with all the major software packages. Now you have an all-in-one portable studio that also functions as the front end to your home studio and as a mixer so you can enjoy the benefits of tactile mixing as opposed to mixing with your mouse.
Zoom R24 Features
- Over 100 studio-quality effects including guitar amp models and mastering effects
- Records on up to 32GB SDHC cards for maximum recording time
- 8 balanced XLR-1/4-inch combination inputs
- Records in WAV 48kHz/44.1kHz at 16-bit or 24-bit
- Easily viewable 4-segment LED meter bridge
- 6-channel simultaneous 48V phantom-power supply capability
- Over 4 hours of operation using 6 AA alkaline batteries (AC adapter included)
- Sync two R24s via USB for 16 tracks of simultaneous recording
- High-definition 24-bit/96kHz recording capability using digital audio software
- 8 in / 2 out (8 x 2) via USB
- Full mixing and transport controls for Cubase, Logic, SONAR, and more!
- USB Control Surface uses Mackie Control emulation
- Pad sampler with 24 voices (8 pads x 3 banks)
- Loop-based audio sequencer for music creation
- Simultaneous Rec Tracks: 8
- Simultaneous Play Tracks: 24
- Sample Rate: 44.1kHz
- Bit Rate: 24-bit
- Effects: Yes
- EQ: Yes (as effect)
- Compression: Yes (as effect)
- Phantom Power: Yes (6 channels)
- Number of Mic Preamps: 8
- Audio Interface: Yes (+ control surface)
- Computer Connectivity: USB
- Built-in Mics: Yes, 2
- Analog Inputs: 8 x XLR/Combo
- Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4"
- Other I/O: No additional I/O
- Storage: Up to 32GB SDHC (1GB SD card included) +USB Flash
- Faders: 8 + 1 master (fader/encoder)
- Fader Throw: Short-throw
- Power: 6 x AA, USB bus, AD-14 AC adapter
- Height: 2.05"
- Depth: 9.33"
- Width: 14.8"
- Weight: 2.87 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: ZR24