Zoom iQ5 - Stereo Mic for iOS
The Zoom IQ5 is a mid-side stereo condenser microphone for iDevices that feature the Lightning connector and are running iOS6 or newer. Compatible devices include iPhone 5, iPod Touch (5th Gen), iPad (4th Gen) and iPad mini.
The IQ5 plugs directly into your deivces and thanks to a unique rotating mechanism, the directionality of the microphone can be adjusted depending on whether you are using your device vertically or horizontally.
The IQ5 contains two microphone elements, one captures the signal entering the front of the unit, and other captures ambient sound from the sides. This mic setup is called mid-side. There are three settings that determine how much ambience is recorded, and as a result, how wide the stereo image is.
There is a manual gain control on the side of the unit for precise level setting, there is also an auto-gain setting with 3 presets, and a selectable limiter which helps avoid overloading and distorting the input.
A headphone out lets you monitor during recording and playback.
The free Zoom Handy Recorder App allows you to record on your iDevice and lets you select the recording format, add effects, edit and normalise files. The IQ5 can be used with other apps including the iOS Camera app and Apple Garageband.
Zoom IQ5 Specifications
- Microphone: Mid-side (M-S) stereo mic（90°/120°/M-S）
- Maximum input sound pressure: 120dB SPL
- Input gain: + 0 to + 40dB
- Audio quality: 44.1kHz/16bit
- Power: Powered by the connected iOS device
- The connected iPhone/iPod touch can be powered by connecting the genuine Apple power adapter that was included with it to the USB connector. (* iPad/iPad mini does not support this function.)
- Lightning connector
- USB Mini-B connector (only for recharging the connected iOS device)
- Stereo mini jack (combined headphone/line level output)
- Dimensions: 58.6（W） x 62.45（D） x 38.5（H）mm
- Weight: 30.5g
- Compatible devices: iPhone 5, iPod touch (5th generation), iPad (4th generation), iPad mini
- Supported OS: iOS 6.0 or newer