Zoom H2N Digital Handheld Stereo Field Recorder
The Zoom H2N is a portable, handheld recorder with a variety of features to let user’s record pristine audio wherever and whenever they need it. The H4N is perfect for journalists, broadcasters, filmmakers, podcasters and musicians needing a versatile, workhorse stereo recorder.
High quality stereo and surround recordings
With five built in mic capsules, the H4N can be used in standard XY stereo, 2 channel surround, 4 channel surround and Mid Side stereo. This lets you create great 360 degree surround recordings for whatever purpose you need. With linear PCM WAV and BWF recording at 24bit/96kHz quality, the recorder is equipped to make cue point and time-stamped broadcast standard recordings when needed. Or for a reduced file size and easier playability, the H4N can record to a variety of MP3 formats.
Full recording control
For extended recording control, the recorder contains a variety of audio utilities. Features such as auto-gain, compressor/limiter and low cut filter let you manage any acoustic or dynamic problems you may encounter while recording; all accessed through a newly designed menu interface. For gain control, a smooth, precise and silent analog dial is used over a digital control, so if you adjust the gain mid recording, there’s no handling noise added to the recording.
Long lasting reliable performance
On a pair of standard AA batteries, the H4N will operate with a life of over 20 hours, and can be used on mains power if needed. In the unlikely event you do lose power, the unit has a data recovery function; meaning if you lose battery or mains based power, your data is secured and restored when the device is powered back up.
Whatever the scenario, wherever you are, the Zoom H4N is a reliable and versatile digital recorder thats small enough to be on hand whenever then need to record arrises.
Zoom H2N Specifications
- Recording Media SD/SDHC card (up to 32GB)
- Built-in Mic MS stereo & 90-degree XY stereo
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level 120dB SPL
- Recording Format
- STEREO MODE
- PCM (Quantization : 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency : 44.1/48/96kHz),
- MP3 (Bit Rate : 48 to 320kbps, Sampling Frequency : 44.1kHz)
- 4CH MODE
- PCM (Quantization: 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48kHz)
- STEREO MODE
- A/D Conversion 24bit, 128times oversampling
- D/A Conversion 24bit, 128times oversampling
- Signal Processing 32bit
- Functions Lo-cut Filter, Compressor/Limiter, Auto Gain, Pre-Rec, Auto-Rec, Tuner,Metronome, Variable Speed Playback, Key Control, A-B Repeat,File Dividing, Normalize, MP3 Post-Encode, Marker, Surround Mixer
- Display 128 x 64 pixel, backlit LCD
- Input Gain 0 to +39dB
- Mic / Line Input 1/8" stereo phone jack (Plug-in power supported)
- Input impedance 2kΩ (Input level: 0 to -39dBm)
- Phones / Line Output 1/8" stereo phone jack
- Rated Output Level －10dBm
- Output Load Impedance 10kΩ or more
- Phones Output Level 20mW + 20mW into 32Ω load
- Built-in Speaker 400mW 8Ω
- USB Mini-B type, Mass Storage Class operation (USB2.0 High Speed compatible),
- Audio Interface operation (16bit, 44.1kHz/48kHz)
- Power Requirements AA/LR6 battery x 2, or AC adapter AD-17 (DC5V/1A/center positive)
- Battery Life 20 hours (16bit/44.1kHz WAV recording)
- Dimensions 67.6 (W) x 113.8 (D) x 42.7 (H) mm
- Weight 130g (without batteries)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Zoom SKU SZOOH2N Model H2N GTIN 4515260010097