Yamaha HS5 Pair - Active 2-Way Bi-Amplified Nearfield Studio Monitors
The Yamaha HS5 Active Studio Monitors Pair features a bi-amped, full range, 2-way design with a driver and tweeter rated at 45W and 25W. Evolving from the hugely popular HS50 monitor, the HS5 continues Yamaha's HS series legacy for offering exceptionally flat and accurate sounding monitors at a great price. The HS has been informed by the tradition of the legendary NS10M monitors, and has been developed with help of Yamaha's piano designers. The result is a monitor that's perfect for use in music production and composition as well as home project studios.
Yamaha HS5 monitor features a low-resonance bass reflex enclosure which improves the rigidity of the overall speaker, and less cabinet resonance means that the signal remains clear and uncoloured. This is very important in getting an accurate mix which translates across all systems.
Port noise has also been audibly reduced by up to 6dB using the new Yamaha proprietary technology across the whole HS range of studio monitors, which also helps to deliver a clean and precise signal. The HS-5 is equipped with XLR and TRS jack connectors as well as Room Control and Hi Trim response controls.
Yamaha HS5 Active Studio Monitor Specifications
- 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified studio reference monitor
- 5" Cone woofer and 1" dome high-frequency unit
- 70 watts dynamic bi-amplified power (LF:45W, HF:25W)
- XLR and TRS phone jack inputs accept balanced or unbalanced signals
- Level control facilitates precise overall system level matching
- LEVEL control (+4dB/center click)
- HIGH TRIM switch (+/- 2dB at HF)
- ROOM CONTROL switch (0/-2/-4 dB under 500Hz)
- Full magnetic shielding
- Crossover Frequency: 3 kHz
- Frequency Response: 54 Hz - 30 kHz
- Dimensions: W 170mm (6.7"), H 285mm (11.2"), D 222mm (8.7")