The DNA1 unit represents a milestone in the Gambit Series equipment developments at Weiss Engineering. Three state of the art algorithms are packed into the DNA1. The denoiser has been developed in cooperation with the Pure Notes Company (UK), the decrackler and declicker algorithms have been designed in our own R&D lab and finally the K-Stereo Ambience Processor we licensed from Mr. Bob Katz (USA). Best is that all functions can be used concurrently.
Weiss DNA1 Features
- Denoiser to reduce all types of wideband and non-stationary noises like tape hiss or aircondition hum using a novel adaptive approach to noise reduction (no spectral noise footprint required).
- Decrackler / Declicker with three independent subsystems to detect and remove a broad range of impulsive noises, for example scratches and clicks from vinyl recordings.
- K-Stereo Processor to recover lost or amplify hidden ambience, space, and imaging; or to generate stereo from mono signals without adding artificial reverberation.
- Output Control to regulate stereo balance and stereo width, as well as the overall signal level.
- POW-R, the acclaimed technique for transparent and smooth word-length reduction to 24bit, 20bit or 16bit.
- All those standard features like 128 snapshots, POW-R dithering, MIDI Control, 24/96 operation, extensive metering etc.