Warm Audio WA12-500
The Warm Audio WA12 500 is a mic pre and DI based on the classic 312 style preamp built in 500 series, lunchbox format.
The Warm Audio WA12 500 has been designed for analogue tone and warmth, utilizing a custom CineMag input transformer for added harmonics and richness.
Featuring a front mounted DI for direct connection of guitar and bass, +48v phantom power, pad switch and phase polarity, Warm Audio have also included a Tone switch which changes the input impedance from 600ohms to 150 ohms which better matches impedance from a condenser or dynamic mic whist having the effect of making the sound more ‘vintage’.
The WA12 500 utilises a fully discrete signal path for maximum clarity and fidelity and adds punch to drums, warmth to vocals and bite to electric guitars. Designed not only to be a clean pre, but one that adds a bit of sheen to anything that it touches.
Warm Audio WA12 500 Features
- 71db of Gain
- Custom Designed Cinemag input and output transformers - Made in the USA
- TONE button – switches the input impedance from 600 ohms to 150 ohms Changes the tone of both the mic and HI-Z inputs
- Fully Discrete
- High voltage 1731 style operational amplifier
- 48 volt Phantom Power
- Mic level balanced input: XLR or 1/4"/TRS
- Balanced outputs: XLR and 1/4"/TRS
- 2 Meg Ohm True HI-Z input on front panel. Sends instrument signal through entire circuit including both Cinemag Transformers and the discrete operational amplifier. Great for guitars, bass, keyboards and other instruments that have a 1/4" output jack
- -20db pad
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Warm Audio SKU SWARWA12500 Model WA12-500 GTIN NA