Firewire DSP Accelerator - access UAD Powered Plug-ins with Dual Processing Power - now on Select iMacs and MacBook Pro. Developed by the industry's premier engineering team, and backed by frequent new software and plug-in releases, the UAD2 is the processing platform of choice for many of the world's top musicians, producers and engineers.
The UAD-2 Satellite DUO puts the world's finest analog emulation plug-ins within easy reach of Firewire 800 and 400-equipped computers, including select iMacs and MacBook Pros. In developing UAD-2 plug-ins, UA's DSP engineers work with leading hardware manufacturers - using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears - to give your mixes all the warmth and harmonics of classic analog recordings. Powered by two SHARC processors, the UAD-2 Satellite DUO allows you to run complex mixes, without taxing your host computer.
Bundled with the LA-2A and 1176LN Compressor/Limiters, and the Pultec EQP-1A EQ plug-ins, the UAD-2 Satellite provides rich, vintage sound quality right out of the box. Of course, the UAD-2 Satellite also provides easy Firewire access to the complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including titles from Studer, SSL, Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Lexicon, Pultec, SPL and more (sold separately).
Compatible with select iMac and MacBook Pros, with support for VST, Audio Units and RTAS, the UAD-2 Satellite DUO features wide compatibility. Whether you use Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic Pro, Digital Performer and more, UAD-2 plug-ins can inject the character and quality of classic hardware into your mixes. Just install the software, connect the unit to an available Firewire 800 or 400 port, power up and start mixing.
Uuniversal Audio UAD-2 Satellite DUO Core Features
- The world's finest plug-in emulations of classic analog gear
- External Firewire 800 and 400 DSP accelerator unit, compatible with select iMacs, MacBook Pros and more
- Includes "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN/SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A and RealVerb Pro plug-ins
- Access the complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including: Studer, SSL, Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Pultec, SPL, and more (sold separately)
- Run complex, professional mixes in Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer and more - without taxing host computer CPU
- High-bandwidth Firewire DSP Accelerator w/ (2) Analog Devices SHARC processors
- VST, AU, RTAS support; Mac OS X Snow Leopard compatible
- Combine UAD-2 Satellite devices with UAD-1 and UAD-2 PCI/PCIx/PCIe cards in a single system
- Includes $50 voucher for plug-in purchases via UA's Online Store