Universal Audio Apollo Twin Solo - Thunderbolt Audio Interface with DSP
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin Solo is a high-resolution desktop audio interface for Mac with an in-built UAD Solo DSP processor. The Apollo Twin Solo features Thunderbolt interface, 2 in and 6 outs - expandable to 10 ins over ADAT - a monitoring section, and 24bit 192kHz sound quality.
With its class-leading resolution and Realtime UAD Processing, Apollo Twin sets a new standard for desktop music production. This 2x6 Mac Thunderbolt interface allows you to record with near-zero latency through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins — ingeniously merging classic analog tones with cutting-edge features.
A Complete Analog Studio with Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing
Imagine having access to a classic analog recording studio, right on your desktop. Apollo Twin lets you record and mix through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins — including vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software buffer size. With award-winning UAD plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Moog, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more,* Apollo Twin serves up authentic analog tone and warmth.
The key to its analog magic is onboard UAD-2 SOLO DSP Processing, which powers the UAD plug-ins while reducing the strain on your host CPU. Apollo Twin includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, featuring a choice selection of vintage compressors, EQs and reverb, plus guitar amps and tube mic preamp emulation. From there, you can choose from a vast and expanding collection of plug-ins in the UA Online Store.
Track Through Classic Mic Preamps Using Unison™ Technology
Unison technology allows Apollo Twin’s mic preamps to sound and behave like the world's most sought-after tube and solid state preamps — including their all-important impedance, gain stage "sweet spots," and circuit behaviors. Based on breakthrough integration between Apollo’s digitally controlled analog mic preamps and its onboard UAD processing, Unison lets you track through colorful preamp emulations like the bundled UA 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in, with more emulations coming soon.
High-speed Thunderbolt Connection to your Mac
Apollo Twin’s Thunderbolt connection features ultra-fast PCIe audio drivers for high-bandwidth, low-latency performance on all Thunderbolt-equipped Macs. Because Thunderbolt offers 12x the bandwidth of FireWire 800, you can connect numerous devices in line with Apollo Twin — including hard drives and HDMI/USB3 hubs — all with fast, flawless performance.
Universal Audio Apollo Twin Solo Features
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through vintage Compressors, EQs, Tape Machines,
- Mic Preamps, and Guitar Amp plug-ins with near-zero (sub-2ms) latency
- Thunderbolt connection for blazing-fast PCIe speed and rock-solid performance onmodern Macs
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-basedmic preamps
- Two premium mic/line preamps; Two line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument inputand headphones output
- Two digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to eight channels of additional digital input via Optical connection
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Audio Units, VST, RTAS & AAX64 in all major DAWs
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Universal Audio SKU SUNIAPOLTS Model APOLLOTWINSOLO GTIN 0819937001031