Universal Audio 4-710D - 4 Channel Preamp - B-Stock
The Universal Audio 4-710d is a boutique quality, four-channel microphone/line preamplifier with unique tube and solid-state tone blending capabilities - perfect for a wide range of microphone and instrument sources. This versatile multi-channel preamp offers selectable 1176-style compression circuitry on each channel, plus four additional line inputs feeding eight channels of pristine analog-to-digital conversion. Building upon UA's classic analog design approach, combined with smart modern features, the 4-710d is the most flexible preamp in the UA lineup.
This is a B-Stock item, the box has been opened but is in as new condition and comes with full warranty.
At the core of the 4-710d are four channels of tone-blending "Twin-Finity" mic preamps with true-bypass 1176-style compression, including specially tuned "fast" and "slow" settings. Each of the four mic preamp channels allows for continuously variable phase-aligned tone, between a 100% tube and 100% solid-state signal path. Send and return jacks are available for external processing or signal access.
The eight analog inputs are digitized via ultra high-quality 24-bit A/D converters at selectable sample rates up to 192 kHz. Digital output is available via dual ADAT "lightpipe" or AES/EBU DB-25 connectors, facilitating integration with most popular audio interfaces.
Universal Audio 4-710D Features
- Four TEC Award-winning 710 Twin-Finity microphone/line preamps, each featuring:
- Dual-path 285-volt Class-A tube and transimpedance solid-state preamps
- Phase-aligned tone-blending of tube and solid state circuits, creamy to crunchy
- Newly designed 1176-style compression circuit per preamp channel
- JFET Direct Input with 2.2M ohm ultra Hi-Z impedance w/auto input override
- Large backlit VU meters for flexible metering of input drive, gain level, and gain reduction
- Balanced send/return inserts (half-normalled)
- 48V phantom power
- 75 Hz low cut filter
- Polarity switch
- Monolithic balanced output stage
- Eight channels of high quality 24-bit A/D conversion
- Selectable sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Digital output via dual ADAT optical and AES/EBU DB-25 connectors
- 8-channel soft limiter (switchable for all channels)
- Ultra-low jitter clock subsystem
- LED metering array with clip/hold indicators
- 75 ohm BNC work clock I/O
- Digital outputs anti-pop protection on power-up
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Universal Audio SKU SUNI4710DB Model 4710D GTIN 0819937000621
£1,680.00 (inc. vat) £1,400.00 (ex. vat)
£1,830.00 (inc. vat) £1,525.00 (ex. vat)
£1,299.00 (inc. vat) £1,082.50 (ex. vat)
£1,998.00 (inc. vat) £1,665.00 (ex. vat)