The Precision 8 is designed to provide the detailed, transparent sonic performance necessary for the highest quality direct tracking and live sound applications. It includes a unique combination of features which make it useful as a complete input system for MDM's, HDR's, and DAW's. Two sonically accurate discrete FET instrument inputs (DI's) are available for recording or live sound applications in which realistic, unaffected sound quality is desired. The 5-segment peak-hold level metering with selectable peak reference allows rapid optimization of program levels between the PRECISION 8 and devices to which it is interfaced.
PRECISION 8 is ideal for location recording due to its 8-channel single rack unit format, smooth continuous gain controls, useful level metering, and easy interconnect. The integral MS decoder provides creative spatial image control that is particularly useful in attaining an exciting stereo image with minimum effort and microphone repositioning.
With the emphasis shifting to digital audio platforms and modular configurations, software "plug-ins" are replacing many outboard signal processors. Other than the microphone itself, the microphone preamplifier is the most significant analog device remaining in the signal chain. PRECISION 8, with its sonically pure design, simple-to-use features, and unparalleled cost/performance value, is the ultimate solution for state-of-the-art digital recording studios and project studios.
True Systems Precision 8 Features
- Eight highly transparent solid state microphone preamps in a 1 unit rack configuration
- Challenges the recognized leaders in sonic accuracy and performance
- Built-in M-S (Mid-Side) decoding for creative spatial image control
- Active, high-impedance instrument inputs ("DI's") selectable on two channels
- 5-segment level indicators with peak-hold feature and selectable peak reference
- Smooth continuous gain controls
- Easy interface to MDM's, HDR's, DAW's, or consoles
- Dual DB25/TRS outputs for flexible interconnection
- Elegant, sturdy physical design
- Exceptional cost per channel value