Thermionic Culture and AEA - Bundle
This Thermionic Culture and AEA bundle provides you with professional quality stereo recording. Included in this bundle is the AEA N22 matched pair ribbon microphones and the Rooster 2 from Thermionic Culture. The Thermionic Culture Rooster 2 is a 2 channel all valve preamp with EQ and distortion controls. It is designed for a wide range of applications and can produce a large range of tones, harmonic distortion and subtle dynamic control. The AEA N22 kit is a pair of matched N22s with everything you need to set up a stereo recording. The N22 is a ribbon microphone that was designed with the singer-songwriter musician in mind. This microphone is great for many different applications including vocals, acoustic guitar and percussion to name a few.
The N22 provides a great ribbon tone without the need for EQ, just like the RCA 44, the N22 was designed by listening first and measured only after experienced musicians and engineers confirmed that the microphone sounded great. This mic is a professional tool that holds up to the highest standards of recording making it a must in every professional studio.
The pre-amp section of the Rooster can be used to add gain to mic, line or DI input signals. The double triode input valve (12AX7) provides a smooth sounding gain stage after the balancing input transformer.48 volts can be applied to phantom powered mics by using the special toggle switch. The DI input bypasses the transformer to give a suitable high impedance unbalanced input.
- Designed with singer-songwriters, musicians, and home studios in mind
- Top end clarity of a condenser with a ribbon’s smoothness
- Custom German toroidal transformer for 12dB more gain
- Highly protected ribbon for close-up use and live use with minimal proximity effect
- Phantom powered electronics for optimal performance with any preamp
- All valve signal path.
- Sowter Transformer balanced ins and outs.
- Unique 2 channel clean mic. amps with 'Attitude' control.
- Option of 2 settings to select type of introduced distortion.
- Versatile eq. with 'varislope' control of top and bass lift.
- 48v Phantom Power switchable to one or both.
- Phase invert switch on both channels.
- Mic./line and DI input.
- Low pass filter.
- High Pass filter.
- Low noise, High gain and High output level.
- Made in England
Measurements are made at typical ‘Attitude’ setting ‘2’. in Pentode mode with an output of +4dBu. Measurements made with AC mains input 236V 50Hz. Load resistance is 10kΩ.
- Available gain (dB)
- Mic: 56 (87 with Attitude at max. (P))
- Line: 24
- Frequency response ±1dB: 10Hz to 45kHz
- Distortion (THD @ 1kHz): ≤0.05%
- Noise (unweighted, 30kHz filter): ≤95dB below MOL
- MOL (2% THD @1kHz): ≥+25dBu
- Phase shift: 24º (6.6%) at 10kHz
- Input impedance
- Mic: 1kΩ
- Line: 10kΩ
- DI: 100kΩ unbalanced
- Output impedance: 200Ω
- Weight with Cable: 1 lb 13 oz (810 g)
- Weight with case: 12 oz (335 g)
- Height: 8.83” (32.4 cm)
- Width: 1.62” (4.1 cm)
- Depth: 1.62” (4.1 cm)
- Ribbon Thickness: 1.8 μ (0.0000018 m) of pure aluminium
- Ribbon Width: 0.185” (4.7 mm)
- Ribbon Length: 2.35” (59.7 mm)
- Operating Principle: Pressure gradient microphone
- Directional Pattern: Bidirectional or Figure-of-8
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 141 dBSPL (1% third harmonic > 1 kHz)
- Output Sensitivity: 6.2 mV/Pa (-33.5 dBV) into unloaded circuit
- Output Impedance: 92 Ω broadband
- Recommended Load Impedance: 1.0 kΩ or greater
- Powering: P48 phantom power, 7 mA
- Polarity: Pin 2 high for positive pressure at the front of the microphone.
- Connector: XLR-3M
- Included in box: 2 N22 Microphones, SKB Carry Case, SMS Stereo Bar, 2 NUVO Windscreens and Blumlein Coupler
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Thermionic SKU SSCPROOSTERNUVON8 Model ROOSTERNUVON8 GTIN NA
£3,660.00 (inc. vat) £3,050.00 (ex. vat)
£4,002.00 (inc. vat) £3,335.00 (ex. vat)
£2,580.00 (inc. vat) £2,150.00 (ex. vat)
£948.00 (inc. vat) £790.00 (ex. vat)