A twin channel 'vari-mu' device. Compression ratio starts low and increases gradually so that compression can be subtle and natural, but compression effects can occur when driven hard. Very low noise. Continuously variable controls for Gain, Attack, Release, Threshold and Output Level. Stereo link for compressing a group (eg. drums) or a complete mix.
The Phoenix enhances vocals & individual instruments by being unobtrusive, gently 'warming' sounds and making solos sound more powerful. It's impressive on overall mixes & can give a digital mix 'reality'. It's also excellent for compression effects. Try drums with a 'thump' attack (i. e slowest) & fast release.
- All valve design for greater presence and naturality.
- Completely free from solid state additives.
- Transparent compression.
- Punchy when pushed.
- Drive it hard for compression effects and distortion.
- Absolutely flat frequency response over entire audio range and beyond.
- Minimal phase shift giving a crisp and warm sound.