Standard Audio Level-Or - 500-Series JFET Limiter/Distortion Processor
The Standard Audio Level-Or is a 500-Series JFET Limiter/distortion processor that is capable of extreme pumping, distortion and a very aggressive sound.
In "Level" mode, the Level-Or acts very much like the Level-Loc. An additional, faster release time has been added for even more flexibility and a broader range of compressed sounds.
In "Crunch" mode, the Level-Or sets itself apart from anything else like it. By sweeping the input level over the range provided, a huge palette of sounds can be reached from slight harmonic enhancement, to aggressive crunch, to buzz-saw like distortion, to complete and utter destruction of the original source material.
Between the two modes the Level-Or is capable of generating a wide variety of sounds but it particularly shines on drum loops, drum rooms and adding grit to bass guitar.
Standard Audio Level-Or Features:
- Transformer balanced input
- Electronically balanced, line level output stage capable of driving balanced loads as low as 600 ohm
- Two modes of operation:
- Level – Sound of unit is dominated by JFET limiter
- Crunch – Sound of unit is dominated by harmonic distortion from the discrete transistor-based, Class A amplification stages
- Additional release time added that is twice as fast as original release
- Output level control to enable the input of the Level-Or to be driven hard without clipping the device that the Level-Or is driving (DAW input, Tape Machine, Console Line Amplifier, etc)
- Fast / Slow - (Level Mode only) Switches between slow (same as original Level-Loc release) and fast release times
- ¼" line input on front panel
- Hand wired and assembled in the USA
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Standard Audio SKU SSTNLEVELOR Model Standard Audio Level-Or GTIN N/A