SSL MADI-X8 - 8 port MADI routing system
The SSL XLogic MADI-X8 is an 8 port MADI routing system housed in a compact 1U rack unit. The MADI-X8 features 8 MADI inputs and outputs, 6 on optical and 2 on coaxial, 1 Wordclock input and 3 Wordclock outputs.
Included is the cross-platform SSL Logictivity Browser software. This software provides a 512 x 512 point routing matrix and makes the creation of complex routing configurations straightforward.
The MADI-X8 can be used for point to point bulk routing in the following ways:
- Source Distribution - One source to many destinations
- Device Splitting - Any combination of individual channels to any destination
- Source Aggregation - A single 64 Channel output consists of any combination of channels from various inputs.
The SSL MADI-X8 is a powerful audio distribution and aggregation system suited to a range of applications including Broadcast Production Studios and OB Vehicles, large scale Film/Game Scoring, multi room studio complexes requiring real time asset sharing and Live Sound.
SSL XLogic MADI-X8 Features
- 8 MADI I/Os (6 x Optical and 2 x Coax). 1 xWordclock In, 3 xWordclock Out
- Versatile Point To Point, Source Distribution, Source Splitting and Source Aggregation
- Straightforward set up via Intuitive cross platform Logicitivty™ Browser software
- Preset based recall of partial or full routing set ups
- Ethernet browser connection. Controllable over Wi-Fi and Internet
- Efficient and simple Network setup using Multicast DNS Auto Unit Discovery (Bonjour)
- Logictivity™ browser can access multiple MADI-X8 Units simultaneously
- Multiple Logictivity™ enabled MAC’s and PC’s can access the MADI-X8 simultaneously
- Dual Master Clock Source (Internal,Word Clock or MADI Input A-H) with Auto Failover
- 512 x 512 Ch@48kHz, 256 x 256 Ch@96kHz, 128 x 128 Ch@192kHz cross point matrix
- Independent MADI Mode Operation (56/64 CH Mode, Legacy/Frame Pattern) per MADI I/O
- Full preservation of ‘Control over MADI Data’ (depending on the Data Protocol)
- Support for Varispeed (+/–10%Varispeed on 56CH Ports only)
- Ultra Low MADI Roundtrip Latency; 4 samples (44.1/48Khz), 8 samples (88.2/96Khz), 16 samples (176.4/192Khz)