SPL 2489 - Surround Monitor Controller
The SPL Surround Monitor Controller is a one-point analog volume control and switching matrix for system-independent 5.1 surround and stereo monitoring for essentially any audio application:
- Surround and stereo production
- DVD-V, DVD-A, SACD and DTS authoring
- Film and video postproduction
- Video and game production
- A/V and multimedia production
- Audiophile home entertainment systems
The advantages of the SMC become especially apparent in combination with modern audio and video production tools such as ProTools™, Nuendo™, Cubase™, Logic™, Deck™ etc.
One of the SMC's biggest advantages is the possibility to manage several input sources, i. e. for comparing and monitoring SACD or DVD material.
The advantages of the SMC become especially apparent in combination with modern audio and video production tools such as ProTools™, Nuendo™, Cubase™, Logic™, Deck™ etc. Monitor levels and source management can be handled independently of the software and with virtually no loss in quality. You no longer need to set up additional aux sends or an alternative surround master for monitoring. In addition, you won't have to worry about over- or underdriving the converters due to monitor levels.
One of the SMC's biggest advantages is the possibility to manage several input sources: comparing and monitoring SACD or DVD material is much easier than having to import all of your audio files and set up monitor mixes – not to mention the conversion of multichannel audio.
Standard A/V receivers are often used for this task. The problem with this is that the audio has to be either AD/DA converted or manipulated by signal-degenerating control circuitry (VCA's, DAC's etc.) for volume control, so you never hear the unadulterated audio – especially frustrating when you're working on SACD or DVD-A projects.
The SMC's rugged and ergonomic steel-blue desktop enclosure with its slanted front panel harmonizes perfectly with the desktop production environment and can be placed exactly where control is needed.
- Input impedance, balanced (Sub-D): 50 kOhms
- Unbalanced (RCA): ›10 kOhms
- Output impedance, balanced (1/4" TRS): ‹600 Ohms
- Input level -10 dB: 0.04%
- Input level 0 dB: 0.01%
- Input level +10 dB: 0.006%
- Input level +18 dB: 0.002%
- Input level:+22 dB: 0.1%
- Noise, A-weighted: -98 dB
- Maximum input level: +22 dB
- Dynamic response: 120 dB
- Common mode rejection
- @100 Hz: ›70 dBu
- @1 kHz: ›70 dBu
- @10 kHz: ›60 dBu
- @100 kHz: ›50 dBu
- Frequency response: 10 Hz-100 kHz (-3 dB)
- Phase: -36° (10-120kHz, -3 dB center frequency)
- Phase, linear: 20 Hz-100 kHz
- Dimensions H x W x D: 91 x 272 x 220 mm (3 9/16" x 10 11/16" x 8 21/32")
- Weight: 2.3 Kg (5 lbs)