Soundcraft Vi2 Digital Mixing Console
The Soundcraft Vi2 is a compact control surface for applications where space is very tight. The new Soundcraft Vi2 inherits all the basic functionality of its larger brothers the Vi4 and Vi6, but measures just 850mm in width, around half the size of a Vi6.
The Soundcraft Vi2 is equipped with one channel section of 8 input faders, and the master section which holds 12 faders. The Vi2 can handle as many inputs as a Vi4 or Vi6 (96 channels) using the standard stagebox and local rack hardware, with access to 8 inputs at a time on the channel bay. By simply touching the input meters on the Vistonics™ screen of the master section, control of those inputs is brought onto the channel faders, along with all the channel functionality such as EQ, auxes, groups etc.
In addition to the meter selection, three fully customisable layouts of the 8 input faders are available via the user-defined fader page feature.
The Soundcraft Vi2 will therefore appeal to anyone who wants to use a Vi console but has more limited space than usual in which to operate. For example, it could be easily brought in at stage side for monitors alongside an existing console at festivals, or in corporate events where input access is less demanding than a multi-piece live band. The Vi2 is also suitable for use as a space-efficient spare console, and as an easily transportable training or programming unit. The Vi2's Show files are fully compatible with Vi4 and Vi6 consoles, and also with the Virtual Vi Offline Editing software.
All the usual processing is accessible via the Local Rack, and even the 30-band graphic EQ's are available, by using a paging system, accessed via the 8 output section faders.
The Soundcraft Vi2 provides a cost effective and useful accessory for existing Vi4 and Vi6 owners, who can use a Vi2 surface with their existing racks, which helps maximise rental inventory usage so that Vi console systems can be used on both large and small scale productions.
Soundcraft Vi2 Features:
- Frame Sizes:8 input faders, 8 output faders, 3 master faders
- Stereo Channels:variable
- Digital I/O:Yes
- FX Processors:8
- Fixed Send (Group) Buses:32
- EQ Bands:4
- Variable Send (Aux) Buses:32
- Direct Outputs:Yes
- Matrix Buses:16
- Main Bus Out:LRC
Soundcraft Vi2 Specifications:
- Stagebox Mic input to Line output +0/-1dB, 20Hz-20kHz
- AES/EBU In to AES/EBU Out +0/-0.2dB, 20Hz-20kHz
T.H.D. & Noise (22Hz-22kHz)
- Stagebox Mic In (min gain) to Local Line Out <0.003% @ 1kHz
- Stagebox Mic In (max gain) to Local Line Out <0.020% @ 1kHz
- Local Line In to Line Out <0.003% @ 1kHz
- Mic Input E.I.N. <-126dBu (150? source), 22Hz-22kHz bandwidth, unweighted
- Residual Noise -95dBu (Stagebox line output, no inputs routed, Mix fader @0dB)
- CMRR 80dB @ 1kHz (Stagebox Mic input)
- Sampling Frequency 48kHz
- Stagebox Mic Input to Local Line output < 2ms @48kHz
- AES/EBU Input Sample Rate 32?108kHz (with SRC enabled)
- DSP Resolution 40-bit floating point
- Accuracy < +/- 50ppm
- Jitter < +/- 5ns
- External Sync BNC Wordclock, AES/EBUsync in, Video sync in
Input & Output Levels
- Mic Inputs +28dBu max
- Line Inputs +22dBu max
- Line Outputs +22dBu max
- Nominal Operating Level +4dBu (-18dBFS)
Input & Output Impedances
- Mic Inputs 2k7?
- All other analogue Inputs >10k?
- Line Outputs <75?
- AES/EBU Outputs 110?
- Oscillator 20Hz to 20kHz/Pink/White Noise, variable level
- Stagebox HP Filter 80Hz fixed, 12dB per octave
- Channel HP Filter 20Hz-600Hz, 18dB per octave
- Channel LP Filter 1kHz-20kHz, 18dB per octave
EQ (Inputs and Bus Outputs)
- HF 20Hz-20kHz, +/-18dB, Q= 0.3-8.7 or shelving
- Hi-Mid 20Hz-20kHz, +/-18dB, Q=0.3-8.7
- Lo-Mid 20Hz-20kHz, +/-18dB, Q=0.3-8.7
- LF 20Hz-20kHz, +/-18dB, Q= 0.3-8.7 or shelving
- Metering Internal 20-segment LED bargraphs plus 9-segment gain reduction meters for all inputs and Outputs. Peak hold variable from 0-2s.
- Mains Voltage Operating Range 90-264V, 47-63Hz, auto-ranging
Mains Power Consumption
- Control Surface 155W (165W with redundant option)
- Local Rack 140W (150W with redundant option)
- Stagebox 140W (150W with redundant option)
- Internal Mass Storage 16GB SSD Hard Drive
- Operating Temperature Range 0?C ? 45?C (32?F ? 113?F)
- Relative Humidity 0% ? 90%, non-condensing Ta=40?C (104?F)
- Storage Temperature Range -20?C ? 60?C (-4?F ? 140?F)