Sound Devices SL6
The Sound Devices SL-6 is a wireless system that is designed for use with the 688 recorder. The SL 6 provides easy integration of multiple wireless channels when mixing or recording. This system is built in a lightweight casing so you are keeping your portable recording kit a light as possible. Easily attaching to the 688's top panel, the SL-6 offers all powering and audio interconnection for standard slot-in receivers and additional control and monitoring when used with SuperSlot-compatible receivers. The SL-6 also distributes RF from external antennas to the receivers, creating a more efficient, compact configuration.
The SL-6 unifies powering options for the 688, wireless receivers, and peripherals devices. The SL-6 operates from a standard NP-1 (Lithium Ion or NiMH) rechargeable battery or from an external 10 to 18-Volt source via a 4-pin Hirose connector. There are two 12-Volt isolated, and two non-isolated outputs, each capable of delivering up to 0.5-Amp for powering other peripheral equipment. These power outputs are normally on, but may be switched off via a power selection menu. A 5-Volt USB charging port with a 2-Amp capacity is also included, making it easy to keep a smartphone, tablet, or other USB-powered devices charged.
Regarded as the industry’s first non-proprietary, open wireless control and interfacing standard, SuperSlot™, developed by Sound Devices, is the result of its collaboration with a number of leading wireless manufacturers including Lectrosonics, Wisycom, Sennheiser, and Audio Ltd. The standard allows for all powering and audio interconnection, plus control and monitoring between SuperSlot-compatible mixers and receivers. When used with SuperSlot-compatible receivers, the SL-6 enables RF spectrum scanning and frequency assignment directly from the 688's LCD.
- Accepts three dual-channel slot-in wireless receivers for a total of six channels.
- Compatible with existing slot-in and new SuperSlot wireless receivers.
- Ability to set SuperSlot-compatible receiver frequency and power on/off from the 688.
- Ability to monitor SuperSlot-compatible receiver battery, audio and RF levels from the 688.
- Accepts analog or digital audio depending on wireless receiver.
- Built-in antenna signal distribution
- NP-1 battery slot for powering 688, receivers and external peripherals.
- USB charging port.
- Two 12V isolated outputs.
- Two non-isolated direct battery outputs.
- PowerSafe 10-second power reserve.
- Easy to attach to the 688.
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 40 kHz ± 0.5 dB, -3dB @ 65 kHz (192 kHz sample rate, re 1 kHz)
- THD + Noise: 0.09% max (1 kHz, 22 Hz–22 kHz BW, fader at 0, 0 dBu output)
- Maximum Output Level:
- Line: +20 dBu (7.8 Vrms), -10: +6 dBu (1.5 V rms)
- Mic: -20 dBu (0.078 Vrms)
- Tape Out: +6 dBu (1.5 Vrms)
- A/D: 24-bit, 114 dB, A-weighted dynamic range typical
- Sampling rates: 44.1 kHz, 47.952 kHz, 48 kHz, 48.048 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 5.3 cm x 32 cm x 19.8 cm;
- Weight: 4 lbs. 14 oz. (unpackaged, without batteries)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Sound Devices SKU SSDESL6 Model SDSL6 GTIN NA